Monday, July 17, 2017

Last visit to Daiso

I got up after Chris left for work. I noted that the extra magnesium I took last night helped me sleep and not clench my teeth. I started my Monday morning meditation. But when I finished the exercises and went for the hot water, I found out that I forgot to turn it on. So while I waited for the water to get hot, I made up two weeks worth of supplements. Myra called to say she was planning a party for me during sewing class and wanted to ask Dynee to help. She said to call her when I wanted to walk out in town. Then I continued my coffee morning and did a lot of tapping. I wondered if I could experiment with not worrying. Chris came home for lunch.
I cleaned the bathrooms and kitchen, though not as thoroughly as usual. Then I took a shower and got dressed. Chris went back to work.
Lacee came over at 1 with a jelly roll quilt top that needed trimming. It was shifty due to all the seams. Dynee stopped by as well to offer moral support for our move. I gave her a handful of cherry tomatoes. After she left, Lacee and I had trouble cutting the edges straight. We decided that it was a good idea to use starch.
After Lacee left, I went out to meet Myra. I picked and ate three cherry tomatoes on the way. We drove to Security to drop off the car and keys for her husband. But in dropping off the keys, he showed us pics of houses for sale cheaply in N.C. Then she and I walked to the market. I stopped at one place and bought a top and pants. She bought a pile of seam binding at the same place I did.
She spent time at the underwear store. Then we went to Daiso and looked around for a long time. I got lots of little things that would cost more in the states. She got a few things and a gift bag. Then we went to the dollar store. I got a big tub (can you even buy them in the states?) and 2 little pots for lip balm.
We walked home carrying the large red tub. When we got to the front gate, we showed our passes. When we got inside, Myra traded me her umbrella for the tub. It was big enough to keep her gift bag dry.
As we walked out of the guard building, we ran into Pete and Kelsey. The four of us chatted for a bit, then Myra and I walked with Pete up the hill. He was going to the going-away party. I stopped off at home to drop my bag of goodies and to change my clothes in case people were taking pictures. I ate a piece of seed cracker, then I went to the party.
There were lots of people sitting at two tables. The only food I could eat there was the salad and the corn. I skipped the lumpias, spaghetti, and meat sauce, and breaded chicken. I did taste Chris' beer. I talked to the people at the dining table. Mandy thanked me for the bag I made for her birthday. Dynee and Ryan came. Then I went to sit with the ladies. I got Eileen to walk around taking my pic with the people there. We had a nice chat. Then Chris and I went home. It was not raining at the time.
We watched one episode of Father Brown and he went to bed. As I sat trying to recall my day, I screeched in shock because the largest centipede I had ever seen was crawling across the rug and disappeared under the chair. I noticed it three times, or perhaps there were three of them. The third time, I whacked it with the egg carton that my laptop rests on. I picked it up with a paper towel and flushed it. I remembered that Housing said they'd be spraying this week. I took my evening supplements with extra magnesium. I sat down again to write my blog post, keeping an eye out for any more centipedes. I also deleted some e-mail before going to bed.
* This is Ron/Roy and Vern/Fern pretending we remember each other's name. *

No comments: