Friday, July 7, 2017

Starting to pack

I stayed up too last last night trying to catch up on Sudoku, which I haven't done in a month. I was hoping it would help me sleep, but when I went to bed, I still laid awake. I turned on the fan and lowered the thermostat, but I still kept having hot flashes and waking up.
I heard Chris' alarm go off and he got up and went to work early for his 5am call.
I dozed on and off until I decided just to get up. It was 20 after 8 and raining. I checked my e-mail and there was one from Chris saying that unless he gets a formal job offer in the next 10 days, we are going back to Huntsville. Good news for me, but not for him, or rather, not for his career.
I wanted to go next door for Burkey water, but it was raining and I didn't want to track mud on her floor. So I got some water from the shower filter and drank that with a squeeze of lemon.
I got dressed and moved my laptop to the side chair. I read a few more e-mails waiting for my tapping buddy to skype me. When she did, we tapped on my issues and then talked. We were on for about 2 hours and I felt better.
We had coffee and creamer and bottles of shaved ice syrup in FRG boxes in our shed. Myra said to throw all the food items away. So I took the coffee from the FRG stores in our shed and sprinkled it over the flowerbeds. I put the bottles in the trash. I asked Chris if I should sprinkle the creamer over the flowerbeds or throw it out and he took it to work after lunch.
I poured the lemonade from the pitcher into an empty water jug. I added the rest of the thawed lemonade to it and wrote Kelsey's name on it. I put the Keurig coffee pot and coffee cup holder in a bag for Kelsey. I also put in one FRG Christmas ornament.
I did some more tapping, to accept the situation as it is without trying to change it.
I called Christine to ask if she wanted the costumes. She came by and I gave her the costumes and the cups and stuff that the FRG inherited from the PTO. She was glad to get it for the CYP and I was glad to have it out of my shed. I put the FRG notebooks together in order, though no one will care now.
I played my trombone one last time and then packed it up. I filed the music with the other books of music. I pulled out the fading flowers from the lemon bouquet.
I searched my old laptop for the moving lists I made when I packed to move here. I had added to the lists the stuff I wished I had brought as well. So it is a great resource. I could not find it on the old laptop, but I was able to locate the set of lists on my new laptop because Chris backed it up. I wanted to print them out but how to do that from a laptop?
I spent the afternoon cleaning up around the house; mostly moving stuff from one room to another so when it all gets packed, similar objects will be together. As I picked up fabric scraps, I cut them into usable shapes and grouped them together.
Chris came home from work a little early. He played the game on his laptop while I scurried around, organizing.
At 5:35, we carried the coffee maker and the lemonade to Security. No one answered the door. Chris tried another door while I stood inside the first one. I waited. Finally he came back and said to just leave the lemonade on the chair. So I did. We walked to the theater and bought tickets, then entered the auditorium.
The movie started late due to technical problems. But then we settled in to watch Wonder Woman. The lead actress was absolutely beautiful, and looked just like one of the wives on base. The movie was somewhat interesting but so unbelievable. And sadly, violent. I had to close my eyes a few times. When it was over, we sat through all the credits in case there was one last scene, but there wasn't.
After a bathroom break, we walked home. I cut up a cucumber and ate it while we watched one episode of The 100. Still gory. He went back to his laptop. Then we went to bed early because he got up so early. After he went to sleep, I got up again to write to my blog.
* I didn't take any pics today, so here is one from sewing class. *

No comments: