Monday, July 31, 2017

Making seed crackers at church


I woke up at 2am, having night sweats due to the meal at Shogun. Eventually I went back to sleep. I thought I heard something in the morning but did not really wake up until 7. Chris was gone.
I drank lemon water and read e-mail. I did some tapping, and meditated. Then I washed and dressed. I listened to an interview from the Immune Defense Summit while exercising and reading pages from my car manual. I packed up the sewing machine I had borrowed and my sewing stuff. When it was ready to go, I soaked sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds for making seed crackers. I assembled the ingredients in containers. I didn't have sesame seeds or hemp seeds so I put in a little extra flax. I was missing the Italian spices as well so I used the chipotle spice mix that Chris bought. My phone rang. I answered it. Some one was speaking strangely and only in response to what I said. I asked how they got my number and the voice said it came from someone who cares about me. (But it sounded like a computer.) There was silence...
“Am I speaking to a live person?”
“This is a live call. We have determined that this is the best way to reach customers.” Silence...
“You have the wrong person. Goodbye”
“Thank you and have a nice day.”
Sheesh!
I made breakfast, and ate it while listening to the next interview. I rinsed the seeds and packed them in an empty breakfast container.
Chris came home from the office a little after 11. He had to check his e-mail in the room because he couldn't yet do it from the office. One e-mail informed him that there was a package waiting in the mailroom.
So I drove us to his office building and sat in the lobby until he returned with the package. It was my supplements. I also got to shake hands with his new boss.
Then I drove to the quilting group. They were having lunch by the time I got there. I brought in the box first, then went back for the machine and the sewing stuff. I ate an apple and an orange sitting and chatting with the ladies. When the group broke up and some of them left, I went to the small kitchen to make seed crackers. Dinah brought me a mixing bowl and spatula from the big kitchen. She turned on the oven. I mixed up the eggs and seeds. I opened the box and pulled out the salt. Then I spread the mixture in a jellyroll pan and put it in the oven. Iset the microwave timer for 15 minutes. While I waited, I cleaned the stove top, knobs and burner bowls. When the crackers came out, they needed to cool a little, so I cleaned the front of the stove as well. Then I used the spatula to scrape the seed crackers from the pan. Without parchment paper, they stuck! Then I washed all the utensils and put back the ones that belonged in that kitchen.
Back in the main room, Dinah invited me to go through two large boxes of brand new patterns. Some were for adults, some for kids, for dolls and for pets. I picked a few for me and some to send to the sewing class in Korea.
I helped Carolyn put away the rulers, cutting mats, etc. Then I put my stuff in the car and drove back to the hotel. There was a note from the maid saying she had cleaned our room today and changed the sheets. I ate the rest of the meat from last night. AndI drank some coconut water while listening to another interview from the summit.
Then I laid on the bed and fell asleep.
Chris came home from work. I woke up and we drove quickly to the post office in case it closed at 4. But everything went smoothly and Chris came out with the mail; all of it junk.
When we got back to the hotel. I did some stretching as I listened. He cooked up some grass-fed beef and onions. I mixed some with rice from last night and added kimchi and sprouts. As I ate, I looked into the cost of mailing sewing machines to South Korea. The sewing class needs more now that I shipped mine.
Then I sat outside for half an hour playing 2048. It was nice outside but with no breeze. When I came in, it was just after 8. Chris was taking a test online so I waited. I sent Beverly a message and we started texting back and forth. When Chris was ready, I stopped. We sat in bed together and watched The 10th Kingdom. He shut it off at 10 because he had to get up at 5:30 to get ready and catch a ride to work. I stayed up to post to my blog and then went to bed. I put Holosync on headphones to shut out the sound of the refrigerator.
* These are the flowers that the church gave us yesterday. *

No comments: