Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Mowing and sewing

I had trouble sleeping last night. It was not unusual. But, at some point just after the first rays of dawn, sleeping got a lot easier. Although I awoke several times after that, I was drowsy enough to go back to sleep. So I took advantage and did. I slept until 9:30.
I covered my hair with a chunk of thawed conditioner that I made last year. I put a shower cap over my hair so it would not get on the couch. I drank a quart of water while checking e-mail. Then I got dressed and took off the shower cap. I mowed our lawn and Dynee's lawn. Terri stopped by, while walking her dogs. I stopped mowing and showed her the gardening stuff I wanted to get rid of. She promised to take all but the plastic plant pots.
I finished mowing, and took a shower, rinsing off the coconut milk conditioner. I was sweating and could not dry off fast enough to get dressed. So I ate some seed crackers while the sweating receded. Then I got dressed. I watered Dynee's plants in back of her house because I had seen them wilting when I mowed her back yard.
I picked up all the stuff I had set aside for sewing class. I brought my rolling cart, too. I went to Housing for sewing class. There were fewer ladies today. I handed out all the remaining ornaments. I worked on the QOV while watching So Young and talking to Lacee. I explained to So Young as she worked on the class project that the fabric needed to advance at only the rate of the feed dogs and not to help them. Myra told me later that So Young was still rushing the fabric through.
The ladies were shocked to hear how soon we are leaving. The decision was made not to have a trip to Daegu next week but to have class instead.
Maria the treasurer came with her two little boys. I asked her about turning the FRG cash into checks for donations and she said the bank would charge us for it. I spoke to Monica of the Navy Ball committee about donating FRG funds for childcare. She left early with me and came to my house where I gave her the leftover cups, spoons and coffee stirrers. Then she left with the boxes for a committee meeting. Perfect.
I ate a lot of watermelon, and checked e-mail. I listened to audios from the headache summit. I made and ate breakfast. Then I started bagging up things in the sewing room. I remember talking to Myra, but I don't remember why I called her.
Some of the stuff in the corner of the sewing room felt damp. I hung them up to dry. I bagged stuff from the drawers, mostly craft stuff and lace and ribbon. I looked up how to remove sticky stuff, and tried to get double-sided tape off of the wall above the mantle. I tried peanut butter, and alcohol, and a hair dryer. None of it worked.
It was getting late so I went outside to water the potted plants, and trim the hedges. I got the electric wand and caused major casualties to the mosquito population.
When I came in, I ate a can of stewed tomatoes. I jotted notes for my blog as Chris cued up The 100. We watched three episodes. Then Chris went to bed and as usual, I stayed up to write down all that happened today, so far as I can remember.

No comments: