Monday, July 3, 2017

Next sewing project?

I had a hard time getting to sleep last night. It was too hot for a sheet, so I covered with the netting. But once I got to sleep, I slept pretty well. I had a dream about pushing a lawn mower uphill, and looking for a sink to wash my hands.
I woke up about 9. I got a late start on my Monday morning routine because I looked at e-mail while drinking the quart of water. Chris came home for lunch before I was done. So I skipped the last part and cleaned the kitchen and then the bathrooms and then the wood floors.
By then Chris was gone. I emptied containers of frozen lemonade into a gallon bag so I could wash Myra's containers. I wrote 'thank you' messages to some of the people who contributed to the lemonade sale. I thought real cards were more appropriate for those who helped the most. I wrote an announcement for the FRG meeting. Maria came over with two packages of lemonade mix. She hoped I could return them and get my money back. She took the ice chest back to Bernie. She also gave me the figures on how much money we made.
After she left, I got to thinking that if Thursday is our last meeting, I should have gifts to thank the board. I looked through my handbook of sewing gifts. I saw a pattern for a tiny apron that fits a bottle of dish soap. I thought it would make a good sewing class project too. But it called for narrow bias binding. I did not have any so I had to make it, which was an exercise in frustration. Then sewing it on was another bear. I decided to look for it in the market tomorrow. Otherwise, it won't be a good project.
Chris came home early from work. I figured it was because tomorrow is the 4th of July and everyone has the day off. I told him how frustrated I was over how badly things are going for the FRG.
Instead of watering the plants, I clipped dead flowers, and I trimmed vines from shrubs along the road. I also pulled weeds since the ground was soft and wet. I picked a few cherry tomatoes and my first big tomato. It wasn't quite ripe, but I decided not to risk something else getting it first. I ate some of the ripened blueberries and saved some for Chris.
When I came in, I got out some beef and kimbap for supper. I checked e-mail. I listened to mosquito repellent audios. According to most of the comments, the mosquito repellent sound doesn't work. I thought about taking my laptop outside to test for myself, but did not want to let the insects in when I came back inside.
We watched three episodes of The 100.. Very gory. I hide my eyes when I have to. If the story weren't so interesting, I would look for something else.
I ate a bowl of watermelon during the last one. Then Chris went back to his laptop and I tried to remember what happened today.
* Tiny apron for bottle of dish soap. Not the 10 minute project I thought it was. *

No comments: