Saturday, July 15, 2017

Sorting by shipment

I woke up early. Chris was already up, but he joined me in bed after taking a shower. Later, he got dressed and went to the office. I read e-mail and drank a quart of water, plus finished off the coconut water container from last night.
I made two batches of seed crackers. The first one came out perfect, but the second one was not crisp, so I put it back in the turned-off oven to dry out a little.
I wrapped some of my rulers in paper and stuck them in a box. I wrapped up two clear plastic boxes of small sewing notions and put them in the same box. I threw in some minki fabric to keep them safe.
I made and ate breakfast while listening to an interview from the headache and migraine summit. Chris came home and got on his laptop.
Terri and Brian came over to get dirt and plants. I helped her fill plastic bags with wet dirt from the large planter. But there was too much dirt. She dug up my lantana and they left with plants and were coming back with a shovel to clear out the planter. I found out later that they had car trouble and were not coming back until tomorrow. So I asked Chris to help me dump the dirt (and rotting leaves and pine needles) into the flower bed. It smelled rather awful, but I figured it would dry out and be ok.
I pulled containers out of a kitchen cupboard and selected a few to keep and put the rest in recycling. Chris did the laundry. I washed the footstool in the kitchen and one from the bathroom. I also scrubbed the food waste container and put it out back to dry. I found a pair of white canvas shoes in my closet that were stained with mud. I scrubbed them in a plastic tub, but they would not come clean. I got fresh water and put some bleach in it and let it soak all day.
I cleared the larger closet in our bedroom so we could put suitcases and stuff that should not get packed in it. I also cleared the guest room so it could be a staging area for unaccompanied baggage. To do that, I had to clear some space in the hall closet for the Christmas stuff. I deflated the exercise ball and added it to the box of exercise and outdoor stuff. That whole closet of stuff got earmarked for the household goods shipment.
I pulled most of the stickers off of the fireplace. The flimsy ones got thrown in the trash. But I still had the backing paper for the hydrangea ones. All of the pieces fit back into their places. I slid it in with the cutting mat for moving.
I needed a break, so we went for a walk. We have been having heat advisories, but it was late afternoon. So we walked the trail. My back hurt a little and Chris pushed me up the steepest part. At the end, coming back up to the house, we caught a glimpse of Scott. He was walking much better.
It got dark while I was eating watermelon and texting Dynee. So I went outside to quickly water the plants. The mosquitoes swarmed me. When I came in, I ate half of a cucumber and looked for something new to watch on Netflix.
Chris made popcorn. We watched three episodes of Father Brown (murder mysteries). Then we made the bed with clean sheets and Chris laid down to sleep. I cried in the livingroom, not sure exactly what I was feeling. When it passed, I read blog entries from the first time we moved to Huntsville. A friend in Huntsville e-mailed me that she had an extra machine I could use until mine got delivered. It made me feel good to know she cared so much.
Then it was time to remember what I did today so I could write it down.
* This is a stack-n-whack that Myra showed off last Wednesday. *

No comments: