Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Getting my sewing stuff ready to pack

I had a hard time sleeping through the night. The sounds from the AC kept waking me up, as well as my unstable internal temperature control. When I finally got up, it was after 8. I got dressed and read e-mail. I drank a quart of water.
At first I sewed binding on the second Quilt of Valor while watching a video from the headache summit. I decided to save it for class tomorrow. Then I watched a video on wrist exercises for ganglion cysts.
I was sewing scraps of batting into squares (in case we needed them for class), when Myra called. She said she was just checking in on me. She was taking a break from quilting. She was upset that we are leaving. But the way I figure it, a good job will come up in Alabama and being there and able to start immediately will tip the balance in Chris' favor.
Later I realized that she and I had planned to go out today, but I forgot and I guess she was busy.
While organizing and packing I played a video that was supposed to be 5 hours long. I stopped it when Chris came home for lunch. He had a paper from Housing detailing all the stuff they expect us to do before we leave- like trimming the bushes, spackling holes in the walls, cleaning all marks from the walls and doors, cleaning the oven hood, damp mop floors and shampoo carpets and upholstery, etc. Since I'm pretty sure they intend to replace the carpets like they have done for all the other empty units, I am not going to worry about the carpet.
While I was organizing fabric in the sewing room, I found something that might belong to Myra. So I called her, but she said she was pretty sure she already had it. I put carefully folded slinky fabrics into bags to keep them folded. I took a break to eat a cucumber. I put some of it on my cyst to keep it cool, then did more sorting. I took another break to listen to another audio from headache summit. I wrote a synopsis of an open window file so I could close it. My laptop was getting slow, so I rebooted it.
I went outside to check the plants. I pulled dead leaves from the geraniums and picked three cherry tomatoes. I brought the ornaments in from the shed, hoping to pass them all out tomorrow in class.
I re-folded all the green and orange fabrics. I packed my specialty rotary rulers in a bin. I rolled up decorative papers into tubes to protect them during the move.
I found a strip of leftover fabric that matched my rolling cart bag. I doubled it to make it wider, then sewed the strip onto my rolling cart bag to cover the one that did not match.
I washed three plums and ate one. Chris ate the other two. We watched two episodes of Travelers, then season 1 ran out and for some reason season 2 was not available. So then we finished our evening with one episode of The 100.
Chris went to bed. I stayed up to finish up, then went to bed myself.
* a bush we saw on our walk to the market on Saturday. *

No comments: