Monday, July 10, 2017

The movie vs reality?

I turned on the ceiling fan and lowered the temp in our room last night. But I still had hot flashes and did not sleep well. Chris didn't, either.
He got up extra early. I saw him sitting at the dining room table at 7 and went back to bed. When I got up again, he had left for work. The bump on my wrist was larger than yesterday. I was mildly alarmed and took a pic of it.
It was a typical Monday meditation coffee morning – at least up until the power went out. It did not bother me that much since I was just tapping anyway. And it came back on 10 minutes later. But before I had finished, Chris came home early for lunch. The electricity in his office building was still out and the locks wouldn't open and he was not able to get back into his office.
I cleaned the kitchen and bathrooms while he ate lunch. After he left, I made and ate breakfast. The lump was smaller and I didn't know why. Nevertheless, I was glad about that.
I washed up and went to Terri's house. Her dogs were there and Lulu growled at me. I don't know why. Terri made us some almond milk and ginger tea. We had a nice chat. She said she would take all my unwanted gardening stuff. She showed me stuff her husband is working on. Then the Housing people came to fix her AC, so she shut the dogs in one of the bedrooms. I took my leave so she could talk to the men.
I walked home in the rain. I worked on sections of the QOV hashtag quilt. I wanted to get it ready to work on for Wednesday, when I can cut but probably not sew. I also organized the scraps of the previous QOV so next time I saw them I would know what they were and could use them for a future QOV.
I had some pork and kimchi for supper, as well as a cucumber. I read e-mail as I ate. Chris wanted to start watching TV early because it was a 3 hour movie. He made a mixer-bowl full of popcorn. Then we watched The Last Emperor, courtesy of Netflix. It is a shame it took so long to get the DVD, because I wanted to compare it with what we were told in China. But now I don't remember. Chris says we saw the movie together a long time ago, but I didn't remember it at all.
Chris went to bed and I stayed up to blog. I had written nothing during the day, so I had to try to remember it all at the end.
* Some interesting flowers we saw on Saturday. *

No comments: