Sunday, July 16, 2017

Wrapping up

After Chris left for church, I got up. I don't remember how I slept, only that I wish I could have slept more. I tried a detox bath, which was nothing but cold water, followed by exercise. Perhaps I did not exercise enough. I drank a quart of water. I ordered the next level of Holosync, but the site would not offer it for download. I sent the company an e-mail. I ate seed crackers with hummus. Then I got dressed for church. I swept the floor in the dining room. At 10:30 I watched the protestant service with the sound turned up all the way. The music and singing were easy enough to hear, but the talking and Bible reading were hard to make out. The chief of chaplains was on tour and she gave the sermon.
Chris came home from church. He got a text and left again. He returned just as the chaplain was saying the last prayer. While I was making breakfast, he left to have lunch with the chief of chaplains. I ate breakfast while listening to an interview.
Chris came home an hour later. We went to Ray and Mandy's place. They were celebrating a saint I never heard of with self-brewed beer, root beer and beef stroganoff. I sat and talked with the few people there. I ate some pulled pork, and tasted the beer and root beer. Chris told many stories.
At 5:30 we said our goodbye's so we could hit the commissary before it closed. The hosts gave us some kvass and beef noodles to take home. I drove us to the commissary. We only bought a few groceries. When we got home, we put them away. I ate the last of the watermelon. Then I sorted out some food containers to give to Mandy. I printed an address label for the QOV going to Quatar. The instructions suggested the recipient would like a story and pic to go with it. So I wrote one. I looked through my blog posts for all of 2016 to find pics of the quilt in progress, but there were none. I asked Chris to take some pics outside while I held up the quilt. I printed out one, but the colors were off because there was no red ink left. I used it anyway. I wrapped the used box in brown paper and sealed it with saved tape. I printed out the address and taped it to the box. I ate some kvass. I filled my water pitchers from the shower filter and hoped I would not forget to pack the shower head at the end of the week. I oiled my hair and it soaked in so well that my hair was not oily. I went outside to water the remaining plants. I saw that Terri had picked up the large planter.
I read some e-mail and jotted notes for my blog while waiting for Chris to finish whatever he was doing. Then he made a bowl of the remaining popcorn. We watched three episodes of Father Brown. Chris went back to his laptop and I posted to my blog, ready to take more magnesium if only it will help me sleep.
* This quilt will find a new home, too. *

No comments: