Sunday, July 30, 2017

Getting proper phone service

I heard Chris get up early and leave the room. I stayed in bed to sleep but mostly tapped. Then I got up. Chris came back soon. I read some e-mail, then took a shower. I made and ate breakfast. I read some more, then got dressed. I discovered that I didn't pack a slip or the right jewelry for the dress I brought.
I packed some comfy shoes for after church.
When Chris was ready, we left. We took Drake to Memorial. But Memorial was no longer continuous, so we had to get off and continue on the access road to Weatherly.
By the time we got to the church, there wasn't much time to visit before the service. But we were warmly welcomed by everyone. It felt like coming home. The service was just like I remembered. Our usual pew was empty where we used to sit so we sat there, with Don, who was very happy to see us. It was good to sing hymns again and the liturgy music came back to me like I had been singing it every Sunday for the past years. After the service, we put a check in the offering. Then the organist showed me the new organ they had raised money for. It was very hi-tech. Jennifer showed me her book that she just got published. It was kind of a Chicken Soup style book about her experiences giving music therapy.
The lady in charge of flowers asked me if I would like to take them home and I said yes. So on the way out, I picked up the vase and we took it with us. Down the road was a Target, which sells Consumer Cellular service. We went there, but the one guy at that service counter did not know how it worked.
So we left, and went to Publix for groceries, like we always did on Sundays. Then we filled up the gas tank and came back to the hotel. I had a bite for lunch and changed clothes. Then we drove separately to the airport to return the rental car. I followed Chris and sat in my car in the lot until he came back. Then he took the wheel and we went to a different Target. The gentleman there was very helpful. We bought a phone for Chris and a sim card for me and a gas book for my car.
When we got back to the hotel, Chris called the Consumer Cellular number to order service. The lady, God bless her, was very patient and very knowledgeable. She guided us through setting it all up and getting my cell phone changed from the Korean settings to local settings. It took an hour and a half because my phone kept updating its software and apps. Then we all had to wait for it to finish before we could continue the setup process. When it was done, Chris asked for her supervisor so he could commend her for a job well done.
Then we decided to go out to eat. A fellow customer at Target had suggested IKorea. So we went there, but it was closed. I still felt like eating out, so Chris did some search on his phone and picked a Japanese steakhouse. So we went there.
We waited a long time before a hostess came. But then we were seated at a table with only a few seats left. We talked to the other people there. A lady came to take our orders. Then we had broth and salad. Then the chef came to make the meal. I wish I had asked for the rice up front, before he fried it and doused it with sauces. It tasted a little burnt. Then he cooked up the veggies and passed them around. Then he cooked the seafood and beef. So I got my rare steak first and then the lobster tail. I was well on my way to being finished before Chris got his chicken. But he did finish his meal and I put half of mine in a take-home box. I wrote my name on top in both English and Korean. Not sure why.
We came home and put the leftovers in the fridge. We read e-mail for awhile and then I started writing up my blog post. At 8 Chris laid down on the bed. I wasn't quite done so I kept going, hoping he wouldn't fall asleep in the mean time.
But, when I was done, I had to wake him. Then we watched The 10th Kingdom until 10:30. I took my evening supplements and published my blog post and went to bed.
* Our chef *

No comments: