Sunday, July 9, 2017

We are not alone

I got up a little early and noticed Chris was already up. I drank lemon water and checked e-mail. He got dressed and went to church. Around 10 I took a shower and put on a dress and nice shoes. I had a bite to eat. Then I called up the chapel Facebook page and watched the Protestant service live. Someone else was watching, too. But during the sermon, the chaplains mike kept cutting out. Whoever the second person was, they gave up. I stuck it out, as frustrating as it was. When the service was over, I messaged the chapel so they would know about the short in the microphone.
I changed clothes and we went to the commissary. We shopped and came home. I brought in the food waste container, but Chris took it out back to dry out. We put the groceries away. Chris put pork in the oven to cook. I read e-mail for awhile. I looked up urim and thummim because the chaplain had mentioned them in the sermon as something God had the early priests put in their breastplates to help with decision-making.
Then I felt sleepy, so I went into my sewing room to clean. But instead I started sewing. I put strips together and cut blocks from the sets. It was a project I had brought from Huntsville to work on and just got around to it.
Then I took a break outside. I put Miracle-gro in 5 milk jugs of water and fertilized all of my plants and Dynee's plants. I did some trimming and pulled weeds. I also staked some tomatoes that were falling over and picked three.
Then I decided to work on QOV. I cut some strips, but the math was not working out well for efficient use. I looked up the QOV requirements. I needed to wash the quilt, make a pillowcase for it, and create a label. I composed one on the laptop and sent it to the desktop for printing, but did not get around to it.
The pork came out of the oven and we each had a bowl of it with rice. I had some with kimchi. Then Chris wanted to start watching TV early.
So, we saw like 5 episodes of Travelers. I had hot flashes and chewed on ice. Off and on we heard crunching noises from the laundry room. But each time I walked over there, the noise would stop. After the last episode, I went over and the crunching continued. Chris pointed to a square cover in the ceiling. I suggested he open it, so he got the small folding steps and opened the cover. Whatever it was, must have run off because all we could see was tin foil around the edge and rafters above. So he put it back.
Chris went to bed, leaving his laptops on because one was talking to the other. I stayed up to post to my blog and hope the crunching would not keep me awake.

No comments: