Thursday, July 6, 2017

Goodbye FRG

I went to sleep last night a little sooner than usual. Maybe it was because I had written a list of things I want to accomplish tomorrow. I turned on the ceiling fan and lowered the temp, but I woke several times because of the heat.
When it was daylight, I felt around and Chris' suit hanger was not there, so I figured it was early and he hadn't dressed for work yet. But soon I had to get up anyway. I discovered it was already after 9 and the hanger was just in a different spot.
I turned off the AC and opened the windows to get some fresh air in the house. It was muggy air, but at least it was cleaner than indoor air. I put a fan in the window to make it go faster, knowing that I had to have the windows closed up again before Chris came home for lunch.
I made breakfast. I ate while watching a video on ruler quilting on a home machine. I also checked e-mail. When I noticed it was after 11, I closed the windows and turned the AC back on.
I talked to Myra until Chris came home for lunch. He had a package from Swansons. I sorted through all my FRG notes to see what was worth saving for the next president, if there was going to be one. I wrote and printed notes from the last meeting. Then I ate my lunch outside. I pulled some weeds. I came in and saw that Chris had gone back to work. I made seed crackers. While they were baking, I made a batch of hummus.
I walked to the commissary to return the lemonade mix. The clerk put the refund on my credit card even though I did not use a credit card to buy it.
Then I walked out to the massage place. I was 20 minutes early so I went into the market to buy a $5 watermelon and cucumbers. Well, the man had the cucumbers so I bought them. But he was out of $5 watermelons. I looked around the market and found another place that had them. But I lifted one and it was heavy. So I asked for a smaller size. She actually did have smaller ones and sold me one for $3. I pulled a little handle thingy out of my marekt bag to help me carry the watermelon bag. It was still heavy, and I was sweating when I arrived at the massage place.
I paid the lady. The man took my bags of produce and set them aside. He ushered me into a different small room than usual. He left an outfit on the bed and went out. I stripped off my sweat-soaked clothes and put on the outfit. Then I cued up music on my phone. That was his cue to come in. I laid on the table and he gave me a back, shoulder and arm massage. I thought mostly pleasant thought during the rubdown.
Afterward, I got dressed and came out. She handed me the produce bags. I put the cucumbers in my market bag and the watermelon in another bag I carry folded up. I looped it over my shoulders like a backpack. But it was so deep that the watermelon bumped against the back of my legs all the way back to base.
I stopped at Myra's house by her request. She had just gotten home from the commissary. I have her an extra foot for her machine. She gave me a package that Anna had left for me. She also gave me some raspberry tea mix and some corn muffins. Then she took me home and went to pick up Scott.
I brought the melon in and sat it on the counter top. It would not fit in the fridge. I ate hummus and seed crackers.
Chris came home from work. I had some chicken while he made his supper. I started watching Travelers. I paused it at 5:45. I took two bottle aprons as gifts and lemonade to Housing for the FRG meeting. Kelsey arrived just before I did and helped me set up the room with tables and chairs. While we waited, Myra arrived, then Alicyn, then Maria who brought cookies. It was an easy vote to disband the FRG because no one else came. We voted to give some funds to National Night Out and the rest to the Navy Ball Committee for childcare.
Then the business portion of the meeting was over, but we continued to talk about stuff that could be done better. Finally we put everything back and went home.
Chris was ready to watch TV so he could go to bed early to get up for a 5am call. We had just gotten another Lucifer DVD from Netflix so we watched that. Then he went to bed and I stayed up to write down everything that happened today – so far as I can remember.
* This is Lacee spinning yarn for something called Tour de Fleece, taken yesterday *

No comments: