Saturday, July 29, 2017

Visiting

While I was posting to my blog in the early hours, Chris got up. I went back to bed, but he stayed up on his laptop, then went to breakfast and brought back two apples for me. Later he got dressed and went to work. I was in and out of sleep.
But I got up after he went to work. I read some e-mail and listened to a meditation. I listened to an interview as well. While it played, I did some exercises and stretching. I thought about sewing, but this room is so small and the desk so crowded that it would be difficult.
Anyway, time got short. I washed up and got dressed. I was just puttering around for one last second when Rebecca called the room. So I ran down to meet her. It was raining, which I had seen from my window. And I had checked the weather online to see the temp. But it never occurred to me to bring an umbrella or wear a coat. Well, it was pretty warm and humid, so the coat would have been too much.
Rebecca drove us to the restaurant where all the other ladies were gathered except two. It was the Monday group saying goodbye to Glenda. I got to see some ladies who were not there on Monday, but I did not get to sit with them.
We ordered and the food had almost arrived before the guest of honor. She showed us her two latest quilts. Then we ate. The restaurant had to close early due to a death in the family, so the waitress was handing out boxes before our meal was finished.
I paid for my salad and was happy to have half of it left for later. I followed Rebecca to her car. We went to Joan's house. She showed us around and we caught up on her life. Then we went to Glenda's house. She showed us around her place. It was fairly empty because she had just sold it herself. She showed us pics of her new place in Louisiana. Huge, but she bought it for the view and to be near her son. We also talked about me heading up the quilt retreat in October. She gave me some pointers from past years that she'd done it.
Then Rebecca and I headed back to the arsenal. But I remembered that Chris wanted laundry detergent. And Rebecca was happy to take me shopping. So we stopped at a Publix to get a few things. I bought a little more than I intended, but forgot honey. Then she drove me back to post and dropped me at the hotel.
I carried the food up to our room. Chris wasn't back yet, so I put them away and listened to another interview while eating figs. But he was home before 5. He was carrying a bag with laundry detergent in it. He ate a few figs and suggested getting a movie from the hotel. So we went downstairs to look at their collection. He suggested the Lego movie. He wanted to see it and I had never seen it. So we brought it back to the room. I started making a Swansons order.
While he ate his supper, I listened to some videos on the auto-stop feature. Then I fell asleep on the bed. I woke up a little later, in time to catch a call from my tapping buddy. We had connection problems so did not get started until 7:20. It was her turn to be the client. We tapped for an hour and seemed to make some progress.
When the call ended, Chris was sleeping on the bed. I gently rubbed his feet but he did not wake up, so I let him sleep. I continued my search for a way to disable the start/stop feature on my car. I did not find one that applied.
When he woke up on his own, he put the Lego DVD in the player and we laid on the bed to watch it. I did not see all of it because I fell asleep. I did wake up for the ending, but did not stay awake long enough to post to my blog. I woke up at 5am for that.
* This is one of Glenda's quilts *

No comments: