Sunday, July 2, 2017

Pouring rain

I got to bed late, and did not notice any mosquitoes. I think I slept well. When I woke up, Chris was already up. I figured it was after 8, but it was only 7. I threw on some clothes and went outside to water the plants. I was worried because I did not have time to water them yesterday, but it rained last night. So I just watered the potted ones and those under the edge of the roof.
Since I had the hose out, I sprayed the dispensing cooler and the ice chest. I brought them in and wiped them dry. I also rinsed off all the ice trays and molds. I washed out the fabric that was on the table. Then I oiled my hair in preparation to take a shower. Chris got dressed for church. I checked e-mail while the oil soaked into my hair. I took pics of the bouquet from yesterday, although the balloons had lost some air overnight. I listened to a relaxing mp3.
Then I took my shower. I left the bath mat in the sink to remind me that it needed fixing. I got dressed, then made and ate breakfast. I sat in front of my laptop waiting for the chapel service to begin. I watched part of the Catholic service. I sent Kurt the link to see if he could access it from the states.
Chris came home just as the Protestant service started. He was drenched from the downpour which had just started. I watched the service all the way through, resisting the impulse to check my phone when I heard the message sound.
After the service, I checked and responded to messages.
At 12:30 I told Chris I needed to return the dispensing cooler. We decided to combine it with a run to the commissary. So Chris carried it out to the car. We each had an umbrella, but they were not very effective. Chris pulled up at the gym. I ran inside with the cooler. They had no record of me borrowing it but they took it. Then we went to the commissary. We shopped quickly because it was cold and we were wet. Soon we were back home with the food. We put it away.
I satin-stitched the edges of the bath mat to stop the fraying. I checked e-mail again. I googled how to make my power adapter cord stay attached to the laptop. Finally I just tied a string around it, holding the cord's neck in place. It was good to know I had lots of company with the same problem.
Later we took a nap. I needed the sleep. No sweats and no mosquitoes. I went back to my laptop and cleared more e-mail. I ate some watermelon. Craftsy was having a sale on sewing classes so I spent too much time looking for interesting topics. Chris cooked some beef in the oven and brought me a plate of beef and cabbage and rice. I did some tapping.
At 8 we watched three episodes of The 100, ending season1 and starting season 2. Then it was time to blog and go to bed.
* Our lemon bouquet *

No comments: