Sunday, October 1, 2017

88 and counting

We got up about 8. I wrote my blog post for yesterday, then checked e-mail and drank a quarter cup of coconut oil. It was about 9 when I started an interview from the Alzheimer's summit. I paused it at 9:30 to take a shower and get dressed for church. I played my trombone piece once and packed up the horn and it's stand. Chris helped me take my sewing stuff to the car.
I drove to church, arriving just shy of 10:30. I sat on the side of the organist, and set up my trombone on it's stand. I chatted with her daughter who was visiting for her 75th birthday.
When the service started, Bob was filling in for Pastor Cook. So some of the liturgy was skipped. I was not anxious until the last minute. I got up to play at the time the choir usually sings. Mary nodded at me and she began to play. I played the two verses we had agreed on. When I sat down, I realized my heart was pounding. I got lots of positive comments during the passing of the peace. After the service, I wrote a check and rushed it to Art who was packing up the offering. Then I talked to Jennifer for awhile until everyone had left.
In the parking lot, I changed my shoes, then drove to Renegades. They were eating lunch and I had forgotten to bring mine. So I had some squash and chicken and tangerines from the food provided.
I brought my three charity projects in progress. Yet I could not resist starting a new project with the strips and squares provided. I asked Tina if the Monday group could have the quilt tops I bordered last week for the hospice unit, and she said yes. While I sewed strips and squares, Norm showed off the 8 quilt tops that he made in the last 2 weeks. Someone told me that his 89th birthday is later this month.
At the end, I packed up and took my stuff to my car. I helped take down tables and put up chairs. I gave the big box of fabric in my back seat to Lynette for stuffing dog beds.
Then I came home, and changed clothes. I mowed the lawn. I was able to see just how uneven the ground was. Then I read e-mail and listened to audios. Chris roasted cabbage and cauliflower in the oven. We ate it for supper. I boiled water to soak nut for tomorrow. I used some of the hot water to make bone broth. I looked up inhaled probiotics. It seems some people are getting great relief of chronic sinus problems.
Chris had rearranged furniture in the livingroom as per my suggestion. We sat on the couch and watched an episode of Marple. Then we looked up some of the familiar actors and actresses. He went to bed. I followed as soon as I finished my blog post.

No comments: