Wednesday, October 4, 2017

A pain in the neck

I got up at quarter of 8. I brushed and swished with the cacao solution. Last night I had poured the salt water into jars but there was a little left in the pot, so this morning I boiled off the remaining water. I listened to a tapping audio and checked e-mail. I boiled water and made coffee. I listened to an audio on motivation: you have a 5 second window to act on a thought before your brain talks you out of it. She counts from 5 to 1 in the morning to get out of bed. Any longer, and she wouldn't get up.
I meditated and did lots of tapping. I sprayed the bathrooms with hydrogen peroxide in preparation to wipe it all down. I got sidetracked unpacking computer components. In the box I found two unidentifiable items. I tried to look them up on the internet, but it was a waste of time. Chris called and asked me to go to Housing to pay the rent. Just great. I was afraid I would forget with all the other things I was trying to remember.
I cleared the kitchen table and put a plastic table cloth on it. I got dressed and walked to Housing to pay the rent. I asked about the open ticket on the refrigerator problem. She said she would call the maintenance guy.
When I got back, I made and ate breakfast. I spent too long putting together a Swanson's order large enough to save $15, but without buying anything I didn't need. One item was better on Amazon: powdered bone broth. So then I spent too long finding an order of little toys to get for Halloween to add to the order.
I cleaned the bathrooms and the stove. I was considering taking a detox bath, but it was 4pm so I didn't have time. I showered and dressed. I grabbed a book and headed to the massage place. I was a little early so I read a few pages. Then I went inside. Gabriele was eating, so I wandered around the store for a bit, then asked if I could change the sheets. She said she already had and that I could lay down if I wanted. So I went back and undressed and got under the sheet. I took a few minutes to relax before she came in. When she came in, she said I should let her know if I got too hot. I told her she would know without me saying a word. Ha, ha. For the next hour, she worked on my back, shoulders, neck and stomach. She spent the most time on my neck because the right side was really tight.
After the massage, I got dressed and went to her office to pay. She told me about a place called The Yurt Garden. It was out in the country, run by a woman who practiced energy medicine and it sounded wonderful.
I was almost out the door when she remembered that we hadn't set another appointment. Jennifer called at just that moment to be sure I was coming to choir practice. She was bringing me a bit of hummus and an essential oil spray for hot flashes. After agreeing on a time for next week, I went to the car and drank what was left in my water bottle. Traffic looked bad, but I was able to pull into it when someone turned off the main road. After I thought I had passed Whitesburg, I got into the left turn lane. But I hadn't gone far enough. I began to tense up all over again, threatening to undo all her good work. But once the light turned and I found my way to the side street that goes to Weatherly, I was ok.
I arrived 10 minutes early. I let myself in and used the restroom. Jennifer had the hummus and spray at my seat. I talked to her and to Roz. Then the practice started. Roz and I were the only altos. So I stayed to practice the piece for Sunday even though I won't be there.
Afterward, I drove home. I put the hummus in the fridge. There was a package on my laptop: the new fuse key had arrived. Oh well.
Chris wasn't ready to watch TV, so I made and ate a large salad. Then we watched Complete Unknown, a movie from Netflix that I ordered because I had seen part of it on the plane from Korea. But it moved very slowly. So finally we gave up and watched the A-Team. When a hot flash hit, I tried the spray and it seemed to work. Chris laid out his clothes for tomorrow and went to bed after that. I stayed up to write my post
* Any one know what either of these things are? *

No comments: