Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Rainy Tuesday

I got up before 8. I squeezed a whole lemon into a quart of water and drank some. Then I got dressed and took out the recyclables. I turned on the router and drank more water while checking e-mail. I showered and dressed. I picked up my bag of fleece strips and headed to the car. It looked like rain.
I went to sewing at the church on Jordan. Jane told me about some quilts she was working on. Then I sat near Jodi as she sewed yo-yo flowers to her quilt. The rain hit hard. I cut 1 inch wide strips from the fleece remnants for crocheting later. We chatted. All the ladies eventually left but those at our table. Beverly and I stayed hoping the rain would let up. But by noon it hadn't. I invited her to my house. So we got in my car and I took her through the gate to our house. The house was a mess but she was able to see past all that. We had a nice visit. Finally the rain slaked off quite a bit.
She had to work so I took her back to the church. We stopped at the Asian market to get kimbap for both of us on the way. I dropped her at her car. Then instead of going straight home, I stopped at the post office to check our box. There was one envelop but no packages. Then I came home.
I checked e-mail briefly, and had a bite to eat. Then I put on an interview while I folded laundry. I ironed some of my shorts that came out of the wash wrinkly. A slip came out with one strap loose. I took it to my sewing machine to re-attach. Chris came home while I was putting my clothes away. He changed his.
I laid down on my heating pad because of a strange pain in the middle of my back. It felt bruised although I could not imagine what could bruise it without impacting my spine. I took a book with me and at some point fell asleep. When I woke up, I went back to reading the book. It was hard to read lying on my back.
Finally I put the book down and got up. I checked e-mail and saw that there was a stewardship meeting tonight, but it had already started.
I unstacked the dishwasher and restacked it. I washed the counter tops so the flies had nothing to eat. I made a mug of hot bone broth to drink as I checked e-mail one more time. I started typing up my blog.
Then Chris started an episode of the A-Team. It was not exactly a shining example of dialogue and acting, but we like it. After two episodes, we called it quits. I finished up my blog post and Chris made his lunch for tomorrow. Then we went to bed.
* Here is a pic from Saturday. *

No comments: