Sunday, October 8, 2017

Rainy Day

We woke up around 7. I wasn't ready to eat, but breakfast starts early and they run out of fruit. So we got dressed and went to the lobby. I had the same scrambled eggs and fruit. After eating, Chris filled his coffee cup and we went back to the room.
Mostly we read e-mail all day because of the rainnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. I listened to several presentations from the cancer summit and worked math puzzles all the while. I also read my book. At one point I told Chris we might as well go home since we were doing exactly what we'd be doing at home.
Late in the afternoon, Chris mentioned two restaurants that he had seen online which got good reviews. I could not decide so I left it up to him. On the way, I found out that he chose Don Chico's. It was a very hole-in-the-wall Mexican place run by Hondurans. I asked for low-carb and they made me a guacamole salad with chunks of steak. I ate it with the salsa intended for the chips. It was very very good.
Afterward, I asked if we could go to the United Grocery Outlet. We could see it across the street. Chris drove us over there. We went up to the door only to discover that it was closing in 2 minutes. The door would not open, so we went back to the car and to the hotel. The salad wasn't large, so I snacked on sunflower seeds. Then we watched Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them on TV while eating oranges salvaged from breakfast. Then we watched several episodes of Big Bang Theory. The commercials got really annoying. All the ads for medicines seemed to be saying take our pill and your symptom will be gone, (replaced by worse stuff).
Then we surfed channels until we came across the most recent Jurassic Park movie. At 10:30 I took a break to write up my blog post for the day. There wasn't much to say. I posted my blog, not knowing if we were going to finish the movie or just go to bed.

No comments: