Monday, October 30, 2017

Facing the pumpkin

I got up at 8. I read e-mail and drank water. I read about using lemon peels on your heels to soften them. So I got a squeezed lemon half from the fridge and put them inside my socks. When I checked my heels later, no change.
I made and ate breakfast, then got dressed. After a few last minute things, I drove to sewing group. As the ladies ate lunch, I handsewed binding on the pumpkin. I continued while they either left or did their own sewing in the afternoon. Laurie told us stories of her mother.
I finished the pumpkin and there was no point it taking out my sewing machine. When Laurie finished her last store, I decided to go home.
When I got there, I checked the house mail. I got a Halloween card from MaryAnn. I ate kimchi, a can of soup and a sweet potato for lunch. I listened to a podcast on sporebiotics. Then I did the Day 1 meditation from Oprah and Deepak. Finally, I took a walk around the circle for a little sun and exercise.
When I got back, I rolled up a piece of newspaper for a rod. I stuck it in the triangles on the back of the wallhanging. I hung it on the door. Then I cut some black shapes and sprayed them with temporary adhesive. I stuck them on the pumpkin as a face and took it's picture.
I searched high and low in boxes for blank CD's. I found the cookbook Chris wanted for making brownies. I unpacked clothing and dishware. Chris made brownies and cooked chick peas.
I ate fruit for supper: pomegranate, banana, and figs. I watched a tapping video for seasonal affective disorder.
I made a mug of hot bone broth and we watched two episodes of The A-Team, and then it was 11pm. So one of those episodes must have been extra long. I fell asleep more than once during second one. Then I posted to my blog and went to bed.
* This is Bertha's quilt *

No comments: