Monday, October 23, 2017

What's one more project?

I got up around 8. I drank water and checked e-mail. I listened to two matrix reimprinting interviews. The second one had really interesting stories. I made and ate breakfast. I put away most of the items in the dish drainer. I still haven't decided where everything goes.
I looked for little things to take to quilting for the fidget blankets. I found a bit of lace, some ribbon and a bag of buttons. I went through the buttons looking for the biggest ones that were one of a kind. A part of me wanted to sort all of them but I had to stop myself or it would have taken even longer.
It was after 12 when I left for sewing. I put my box on the rolling cart and wheeled it to the church. Carolyn was just coming out and we had a long conversation. When she left, I went inside. There were only three people. I set up my machine. I was going to work on the pumpkin project but I discovered that my template was too small. I chatted with Bertha as she showed off her quilts and her Santa made of embroidered stabilizer.
One by one they left. Dinah handed me a bag that Mary Ann left for me. It was an unfinished project. So I stayed to finish sewing the borders on the scrap patch quilt that I brought. I laid it out and one of the borders was ruffly, so I took part of it off and snugged it up a little and sewed it back on. It figures that I get one project done and another comes my way.
I packed up and drove down the parkway to Cecelia's house. I made a wrong turn and that made me late. I helped her set up new Word files to write some articles. Then we visited. She said next time I could show her how to surf the internet.
I drove home, counting my miles so as not to go over 300 before stopping for gas.
Chris was not home. I brought in my sewing machine. I finished the last few bites of breakfast. I drank some water. Chris came home. I checked the home mail. I put a bowl of fish soup in the toaster oven to heat. Then I made a large salad.
As I listened to the next interview from Broken Brain, I played solitaire. When the soup was hot, I ate that. Later I had some frozen blueberries. When the interview was over, I saw that the next one had been posted, but I'd had enough for one day.
I called Dad to catch up and say we'd see him around Thanksgiving. Then Chris and I watched two episodes of something called Vexxed. The humor was a bit irreverent for my taste. Hopefully the library will be open tomorrow so we can get something good on DVD.
Chris looked up the main actress, told me she'd been in The 10th Kingdom, made his sandwich and went to bed. I stayed up to post to my blog and then I went to bed.

No comments: