Sunday, October 15, 2017

Quilt Show 2017

When I got up this morning, I leaked and could not stop it. That worried me because it could be a sign of a spinal problem. I took a shower and got dressed. I wrote my blog post for yesterday, and posted it. Chris left to meet with a friend.
I read e-mail, and drank a quart of water. I made breakfast, and ate it. I talked to Pat, hoping she had advance tickets for the quilt show, but she said I had to buy them at the last meeting. Then I called Beverly to make arrangements to meet. I put on my shoes and drove to the thrift shop on Pratt. I shopped to pass the time, and bought a shirt for $1. I put it in the trunk and played the recorder for a minute. Then I saw Beverly's car. I locked mine and got in with her. We went to the Von Braun Center, and drove all around looking for free parking. We had to park several blocks away. We walked through Big Spring Park to get to the quilt show. The park was really lovely, so were the fish.
At the VBC we, paid our admission. I bought two raffle tickets. We filled them out and did the door prize tickets as well. I kept running into people I knew. I took lots of pictures and finally chose one for Viewer's Choice award. We met a man who might have the bobbin cover I need at his sewing shop.
Then we left, walking back through the beautiful park. Beverly drove the route for the Liz Hurley walk on Saturday. But the 7am start time was too early for me. Then she took me past the thrift shop to see where the sewing shop was. I remembered it then.
She dropped me off at the thrift shop and I drove home.
Chris was already there, had the laundry going. I had a bite to eat and caught up on e-mail. I took pics of the sewing machine that needed the bobbin cover. I made a mug of hot bone broth. Then I started sewing blocks for the red/blue project. It was after 8 when we started watching Life On Mars. We finished that episode and the last one. Then we watched the writer's comments and realized this was the end of it.
I took a second to jot a few notes for my blog.
* I thought my brother would enjoy this quilt. *

No comments: