Monday, October 9, 2017

The end of our 27th anniversary weekend

Chris woke me up at 8 to go to breakfast since they pack it up at 9. I washed up and got dressed. We went down to breakfast. There were no scrambled eggs today. Instead they had egg white veggie omlettes. I had two. Then we went back to the room. I took my supplements and read e-mail. Then I started packing. When I was done, Chris packed. Then we put our luggage in the car and checked out.
We drove to the Visitor's Center at the park to fill our water bottles with filtered water. We checked the park map and chose a path: Beaver Pond Trail. Chris drove there and parked in the little lot. But it was muddy and my flats got dirty even as I went to the back seat to get my walking shoes. We hit the trail and in several places had to walk around flooded areas. There was a bit of an over look, but it was underwhelming to say the least. We walked back and around. We crossed a bridge over a fast running stream. I took a video. Then we found our way back to the car. Chris' app said we walked a mile and a half. I wiped my shoes off in the grass and Chris pulled the car over to where I was so I wouldn't track mud in his car.
On our way through town, we stopped at Hammers. I wanted to see if they had fabric and they did have some. I did not intend to buy any, but there was this yellow one.... As we got back in the car, the police were closing off the street. We could not tell why. We took a side street and went around back, much to the dismay of the GPS lady who kept telling us to take a left. Then we stopped on the other side of the overpass to get gas. It was $2.25. We pulled up to the last open pump, and it turned out to be out of service. So we waited. Other people were parking their cars in front of the pumps and going inside to shop or whatever. So we waited and waited... until finally someone pulled away and we could get in, fill up, and be on our way.
Some time around 1 we got to Jordan Road. We had to pull off to get my purse out of the trunk so I could show my ID at the Arsenal gate. In a few minutes we were home.
Chris gathered the laundry and put the whites in the washer. I unpacked stuff from the car, and started a loaf of bread.
Then we went to the grocery store for the weekly stuff. We put the food away. I ate the rest of the remaining salad to make room in the fridge for the new stuff. I moved white laundry to dryer and put dark laundry in washer. I added some pieces of fabric, including the yellow one I bought at Hammers.
Chris set up the desktop computer and peripherals.
I placed an order with Amazon. I'd had it on my computer for several days in case I thought of anything else to add. Also I wasn't sure the connection at the hotel was secure, but now that we were home, it was ok to go ahead with the order.
I listened to several audios while ironing my newly-washed fabrics dry. There was a fly in the kitchen. Finally Chris killed it. And then there were more. Each time he killed one, another one or two came along. I put a piece of painter's tape over the hole in the screen door.
I printed several recipes on paper that I reclaimed from recycling. Chris roasted beef in the oven and we had it for supper. I searched my sewing room for fabrics to go with a red and blue project. None of them complemented the project. But there happened to be a large blue polka dot that was ok with all the blocks. So I set up a cutting mat and found some rulers. I cut a bunch of three inch strips. Then I started squaring up the blocks to see what the smallest one would be.
I got through 4 blocks before Chris was ready to watch TV. So I sat beside him to see two episodes of Life on Mars. Then we dressed the bed and he retired for the evening. I stayed up to post to my blog, thinking tomorrow ought to be Monday.

No comments: