Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Halloween happenings

I checked e-mail and drank a quart of water. With a gasp, I remembered the recyclables and ran around trying to get them out as soon as possible, not knowing if the truck was coming early or late. It has done both.
I cut up the brownie into 24 pieces and wrapped eight each on three plates. I put them in a bag to take to sewing. I put on my walking shoes, and went to sewing.
When I walked in, I showed off the pumpkin wallhanging. I put the plates of brownies in the church kitchen. The table in there was covered in treats.
Then I sat with the Beverlys and cut fleece strips for crocheting. Beverly showed off her skeleton wall hanging and got lots of nice comments. She was working on the binding. We worked and talked until everyone was gone. We turned out the lights and went to the parking lot. We stowed our stuff in our cars and went for a walk around the neighborhood behind the church.
It took just over half an hour so I figure we went a mile.
When I left the church, I went to the Asian store for kimbap. I was able to buy a rewriteable CD there, which was very convenient.
When I got home, I re-hung the pumpkin on the front door.
I checked e-mail. I made up more breakfast spice mix. I tested all the finger lights again and weeded out the weaker ones in case someone asked for an extra. I made up 12 days worth of supplements.
Chris came home about 4:15. He changed his clothes and then we took a load of stuff to the thrift shop. When we got back, I turned on the porch light. I went back to trying to order a probiotic from Swansons. As kids knocked on the door or tried to ring the bell, I opened the door and presented them with a choice of finger lights as a treat.
I read e-mail, and finished choosing a probiotic and placed my order. I cracked open a black walnut that I picked up on our walk through the neighborhood this afternoon. I picked it apart with Grandma's nut picks. Then I made a salad. While I was making the salad, Chris answered the door.
After eating, I peeled a package of tumeric with a spoon. Sadly some of it was rotten and I had to throw that away. The rest I sliced thinly and put in a tea pot to steep. I washed all the dishes in the sink. I wrote a check to put in the mail tomorrow.
Then I tried to burn the songs I had downloaded to the blank CD I'd bought earlier. It seemed so simple, yet afterward the computer said my files were waiting to be burned. So Chris took a look at it and there were files on the CD. But we put it in the CD player and no sound came out. So Chris burned the files again using different software I guess. Then he put the CD in the DVD player and music came out.
I turned off the porch light since it was after 8:30. Then we sat down to watch another episode of Miss Marple. These episodes from season 2 are so well done. Quite in contrast to The A-Team, which are formulaic with simplistic dialogue. Chris looked up some of the actors online. Then he went to bed.
I stayed up to post to my blog, having written much of it during the day. I turned off the simmering turmeric And I went to bed.
* This is Beverly's wall hanging. *

No comments: