Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Sewing on the edge

I was up late last night, reading my book. I got to bed about 12:30. It felt later.
I got up around 7. I started checking e-mail and then realized it was recycle day. So I quickly got dressed and took out the recyclables. I didn't bother collating them since I'd seen the man dump it all in the same hopper last week.
I drank a quarter cup of coconut oil and swallowed a packet of vitamin C. Beverly called to ask if I could help her with her new serger. Then I took a bag of fleece scraps and left the house. I watered the flowers and then went to sewing.
Several ladies were showing their quilts at the head table. I took a pic of one of Jane's. Then Beverly arrived. We sat at a table and talked while I crocheted the fleece strips. Many were too wide and I wished I had brought a pair of scissors to trim them down.
At 11 I rode with Beverly to her house. We stopped on the way at WalMart for thread and I got a carton of goat milk. I put it in the bag with my fleece scraps to insulate it.
When we got to her house, she brought out her serger. We changed the thread from pink to white. But the tension was off. I tweaked here and there but could not get it right. So she looked up serger tension videos on her phone. They were not as helpful as I hoped because it seemed something was being left out. Anyway, I turned down the tension on the upper looper and upped the tension on the lower looper and that seemed to fix it. She provided me with a small bowl of cashews to snack on as we worked.
Then she drove me back to the church to pick up my car. I drove home,.
I was making breakfast when Chris called and said to meet him in 40 minutes at the One Stop to change the address on our driver's licenses.
I made and ate as much breakfast as I could. I brushed my hair and teeth, then left about 3:30. I drove to the One-Stop taking the usual route. There was road work so it was incredibly slow. I parked and walked slowly to the entrance and then waited for Chris. We went in together and got numbers. But since no one was there waiting, we were seen right away. The lady was super nice and funny as well. She took my pic first and let me see it. Since I did not like it, she took another one. Frankly I would have rather kept the photo from my last driver's license (when I looked younger). I had to sign something and then she gave me a temporary card. She did the same for Chris. The cost was only slightly less than renewing them entirely. Personally, I thought we should have left it go until we know where we are going to be.
Then we left. He went home the usual way and I went by the post office, then out gate 10 and in gate 8 to avoid the road work.
I finished my breakfast and an audio. Then I went outside to read my book. I nearly finished it, but the sun set and it got dark. So I came in. I made a really large salad and checked e-mail while listening to another audio called Future Mapping.
At 7 I got out all my supplements and made up a 12 day batch. Then I made more spice mix for breakfast. I put a few things that were running out on order.
Chris made a big bowl of popcorn and we watched two episodes of Life on Mars. He went to bed and I, well, here I am, typing away.

No comments: