Monday, October 16, 2017

Sewing and visiting

.
It got cold last night, with the windows open, and I kept waking up and trying to get closer to Chris. But at some point, he left and I woke up alone.
It was almost 9am. I drank lemon water and read e-mail. I made and ate breakfast. I did a salt cleanse on the house, saying blessings with each sprinkle. I also shook a string of bells, which is supposed to be good, too.
I threw the red/blue project in the sewing box with the machine. The QOV project was in there, too so I figured I didn't need the scrap block project. I forgot that all my notions (scissors, pins, etc, )were in that same bag.
When I got to the church, some ladies were sitting down to lunch and others had gone out for lunch. I set up my machine and realized I didn't have my rotary cutter. I borrowed one from the closet. I made more blue quarter-square triangle blocks. Ladies left and others came. But in the end, it was just Rebecca and me. I gave her the chocolate from Friday. She invited me to the Parade of Homes next weekend. We both finished around 3pm and packed up. I had thought briefly about going to Publix for goat milk, but the line of traffic going that way convinced me to just head home.
When I got home from sewing, I had a bite to eat, then went out back to trim grass by the fence and back wall of the house. I clipped all the dead flower heads from the mums, hoping they would set new buds. I had another bite to eat.
Then I drove to Portia's house. I admired her garden, with a mixture of veggies and flowers. She had an electric wire around it to protect it from the deer. She showed me her back deck which was really nice. Then she showed me the room her mother had occupied in her last years. She had several piles of clothes to give away, and she left me alone there to try what I liked. There were a few pants and tops that fit me and were in colors I could wear. We spoke for a few minutes and I thanked her.
I backed out of her driveway, which was difficult because the back-up camera in the car is not good at night and the car is constructed so you can't see out the back very well. I used the side mirror.
Just as I got back to base, my phone rang. I could not answer it until I got to the house. Chris was home and said he did not call me. I checked the number and it looked like it was from overseas. I looked at Facebook, and Myra had messaged me that she was going to call. So I called her on Facebook, but she did not answer.
I made a cup of hot bone broth and read e-mail. Chris made horchada to drink. Then we watched two episodes of The A-Team. Chris went to bed, leaving me up to post to my blog.
* One of my favorites from the quilt show. *

No comments: