Wednesday, October 25, 2017

A meditative place in the woods

I woke up before Chris left. After he went, I put on headphones and chose the Holosync track. But that isn't what played. It was something with three voices talking to me at once. After it was over, I got up for coffee morning.
I got started before 8 and since I did not turn on the router, it went pretty fast. I finished up around 10:30 and started cleaning. Then I turned on the router so I could listen to another Broken Brain interview while I made and ate breakfast.
But there wasn't enough time. So I paused the audio and left my breakfast on the counter. I got dressed and drove over to the massage place. 12 minutes was a record for me. Gabriele was there with her daughter. I got in her car, and she drove us a long way over Cecil Ashburn to a place on Horse Cove Road. It was called The Yurt Garden.
The owner does massages and other energy work in a yurt. Gabriele and I walked around outside while her daughter got a treatment. We walked the mandala labyrinth. We saw inside the cabin, which was small and cute (and rentable!). There were small ponds, gardens, and statuary. We checked out the veggies growing by the barn.
When the treatment was over, Gabby told her we'd like to hear the singing bowls. So we went inside the yurt and the lady played one for me. Then she played a bigger one. It vibrated a lot. She said it was singing to my third chakra, which carried some meaning.
When we left the garden, we went back to Huntsville and then to Whole Foods. Gabby and her daughter got some sushi for lunch. Since I had never been there before, we looked around. It was impressive, but I did not buy anything.
After going through the checkout, we climbed back in her car and she drove us to Oakwood University, which is where Garden Cove went. We looked at his vegetables, and fruits and spices. He is rebuilding his business after being bankrupted by dishonest employees.
On the way back, we dropped off her daughter at her house. Back at the massage place, she had another client scheduled. So I went home. On the way I missed my exit. I took the next exit but the lane did not go through and I ended up circling back to Airport Road. Went I got home, Chris was not there. I checked the house mail. When I got inside, there was a note from maintenance that they had installed the new fridge shelf. I finished eating breakfast and listening to the audio. Chris came home. I made and ate a salad. Then I took a shower and got dressed. I sewed a few squares of the pumpkin project.
Then I went to choir, arriving a little early. I handed a bag of flax meal to Jennifer and some large empty plastic pots to Cecelia. She gave me a list of music she would like on CD to take to her husband at the retirement home.
First, four of us ladies practiced a Call to Worship for Sunday. Then the choir practiced several pieces of music, including a kind of postlude where we have to stand in front of the church. Then we practiced music for November. We ended the practice with the postlude and A Mighty Fortress. Jennifer asked us all to bring treats for after the organ recital Sunday afternoon. Pastor took me aside to ask if I would consider being the head of Stewardship starting in January. Then Jennifer showed me some batik clothing she had just gotten. The skirt was too big in the waist and she asked me how to make it smaller. I had to explain it several times and I think she wanted me to do it, but I felt over-committed at the moment. Then we had to rush out. I needed to get back to the post before the gate closed at 9.
And I made it. Chris was on his laptop. I ate some grilled veggies and kimbap. I made a mug of hot bone broth and we watched one episode of The A-Team. Then Chris turned on the heat at my request. He went to bed and I stayed up to post to my blog.
* Near the yurt is a little cabin with a small living room/kitchen and a bedroom upstairs. The deck has a small hottub. It is out in the woods with no cell service. The perfect place to relax. *

No comments: