Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Almost recycled money

I woke up at 7 and tried to get one more round of sleep, but it did not work and I got up at 8. I smelled something odd and walked around the house looking for the source. It was a split milk jug. The cap was on, but since the bottom was split, the residue inside was getting air and spoiling. Today is recycling day so I rinsed it and gathered all the recyclables into bags. In doing so, I came across a piece of mail from Nielsen. There were 2 dollar bills and a survey. They promised to send another $5 if I filled it out and sent it back. After taking the bags to the curb, I filled out the survey.
I drank a quart of lemon water while deleting the first round of e-mail and then listening to a tapping audio. I made and ate breakfast. Then I got ready for the Tuesday group.
Since they just bring handwork, I grabbed my crocheting bag. I arrived before 10. I sat with Beverly and crocheted fleece strips. It was mostly a social gathering so I mostly listened.
We packed up about 11:30. Then I got in Beverly's car and we went to the Asian market for kimbap. Then we went to my house to pick up my machine. While we were there, I noted the curdled smell. I looked around but did not see any traces of milk. Beverly agreed to see my collection of quilts, which I was happy to show off.
Then we put my machine in her car and she drove us to S&R, which services sewing machines and vacuums. I showed them where the bobbin plate was missing. Then we walked around the store while the man checked his inventory of used parts. Before long he had one that fit. Kind of like in Go Fish, I got what I wanted so I asked again. This time for a spool cover. He had that too. So for about $5, my machine got everything it needed.
There was a thrift store nearby that was the only one we had never been to. So we looked through it. I did not see anything I needed, but was a little tempted. Still, we left empty handed. She took me back to the church and we went our separate ways.
When I got home, I had lunch, and too many figs. I checked the modern quilt guild's website for the new charity block but there wasn't one. I worked in the back yard, clipping and filling low spots with clippings. I mopped the kitchen floor in case there were traces of milk. I put the bathroom trash in the kitchen trash bag for tomorrow. I made up 12 days worth of supplements, and took today's dose.
Chris came home. I finished Nielsen survey with his choice of radio station and put it in it's envelop to be mailed back. I checked the house mail, and found our new driver's licenses. Chris discovered that the curdled smell was from the towels we used to wipe up the milk, which were sitting the the washer. I threw in some rugs and he ran the washer. I read some last minuted e-mail, and then left for a meeting of the modern quilt guild. The traffic was dense but I managed to make it just in time.
A lady from the Athens guild sat next to me and we had a nice chat. The president got the meeting started and soon the co-president was there with a handout of the agenda. It was impressive. The meeting went quite well. Afterward, I asked to join. They only charged me for two months: November and December. The lady from Athens and I checked out the round robin fabric sets and we each chose one to take for a month and add something creative, like a border or a row or a block etc.
I went home and found Chris playing the dinosaur game with Michele. I had a bite to eat and read e-mail. About 8:30 they concluded their game and we looked for The Penitant Man on Netflix (because my brother suggested it). But we didn't find it, so we watched an episode of Miss Marple instead. Chris looked up a couple of actors, and then went to bed. I took my evening supplements and posted to my blog.
* The quilt show had an exhibit of doll beds, many of them as handmade as the quilts on them. *

No comments: