Thursday, October 19, 2017

Checking the lights

I got up at 7:30 with plans to draw a parabola. But instead, I drank lemon water while auditioning and cutting fabric for border strips for the scrap patch quilt top. About 9, I turned on the router so I could check e-mail while consuming my daily portion of coconut oil, which was now solid due to the fairly rapid change in the weather. I did not feel like eating breakfast, so I ate a can of organic soup instead.
I wasn't sure I had enough to keep me busy at sewing, so I came up with a plan for the red/blue quilt and cut strips for that, folding them carefully inside the top. I added it to my sewing box.
I tried out my new EMF meter. It has four modes so I tried each one, walking around the house and concentrating on the places we spend the most time: dining room, kitchen, living room and bedroom. The hot spots were the modem/router, HVAC unit (not running), microwave (not in use), and my laptop (open and running). I did not check Chris' laptop.
Around noon I loaded my machine and drove down Bob Wallace to Stitch-Its. It was lightly attended. I set up my machine, but went to talk to Pat. I took a pic of the form she needed. Then I talked to Julie. She went on at length. When we finally packed up, all I had done was sew two strips together.
When I got home, I checked the house mail: nothing. I made and ate breakfast, and listened to part of an audio. I paused it to mow the grass in the back yard. Then I turned it back on again.
But soon Chris came home, so I paused it again. He told me he noticed the fingerlights glowing this morning in the dark. He boiled cinnamon to cover the smell of fish in the house, and also broiled cabbage for supper. I took the box of fingerlights into the bathroom (no windows so very dark) and pulled out the ones that were glowing. I turned them off. Then I got an empty box. I tested each one and put the ones that still worked in the box. Only two would not turn on. But a number of them were dim. I guess they'd been on since they were mailed last week.
I sat at my laptop and looked at images of twisted block pumpkins because I wanted to make one for our door. At 7 my tapping buddy called. We tapped together for just over an hour. Then I found some space in the cabinet to put away some mugs and cups. That was interesting because we tapped on decluttering with no place to put the stuff.
I mad a mug of hot bone broth (from powder). Then we watched an episode of Miss Marple. It was quite good. Chris looked up the episode on IMDB. I typed up my blog and we both went to bed.
* This was at the quilt show. I would like to make one that is a little less ambitious. *

No comments: