Friday, April 27, 2018

A new project to finish

I am not sure when I got up, but it was probably before 7. I cut a strip of batik. It had several colors in it. I cut out six squares of orange. Out of what was left, I got 4 squares of mostly pink. The rest were kind of yellow. I sewed the orange ones to a strip of black. Then I turned on the router to read e-mail. After a while, I made and ate breakfast. Jennifer texted me that she wanted to meet me after 12:30 to look at the fabric she bought to make receiving blankets. But I told her I was planning to go to Blanket Daze.
It was a sunny day so I had enough light to work at the desktop. I entered the latest time and talent sheet info into the spreadsheets. Then I saved the work. I looked at a map online to see the best way to get to the church hosting Blanket Daze. I chose a route not dependent on my being able to read street signs. My sewing gear was already in the car, so I put on a coat, grabbed my purse and headed out. I had to pass by the acupuncture place, so I stopped in and got some more information for the insurance company.
Then I went to quilting. I had no trouble getting around the one-way streets. I parked in the lot across the street and wheeled my machine to the door. I set up beside Betty. I chatted with her and Tina for a bit. I liked the scrap pattern she was using. I had forgotten my phone so Betty took a pic and texted it to my phone. There were bins and bins of fabric to choose from. But I did not want to start from scratch. So I picked baggie of pieces. But it turned out to be a strange project. I wished the fabric could talk and tell me what happened to it. The other ladies encouraged me to put it back and choose again. So I did. This one was easier to work with. It was a disappearing nine-patch. But I had to measure each piece because some of them were cut short. When lunch time came, I looked through the offerings and had some deviled eggs, cheese, and bean salad. Tina had cartons of eggs for sale. But she said they were not organic because she could not afford the organic feed. Still, they had to be fresher than the ones at the store.
After that, I kept sewing pairs of pieces together until I had blocks. Most of the ladies were gone by then, so I packed up, too. I put all the blocks and leftovers in a bag. Some of the ladies are returning tomorrow so they left their stuff. But I wasn't coming back, so I rolled my machine to the car.
Driving home was easier because the one-way streets were in my favor. Soon I was home. I left the machine in the trunk, but brought in the bag with the rulers and eggs. I put the eggs in the fridge. I drank a can of coconut water. I went for a walk. There was a police car parked in an overgrown cul-de-sac near where the peonies are going to bloom. He waved as I walked by. I also saw an animal that I could not identify. It ran on four legs, had a very long tail, and kind of bounced. It wasn't quite a dog, or a cat.
When I got home, I checked the house mail. Nothing. I jotted notes for my blog. I assembled a bowl of leftovers and put it in the toaster oven to heat. I texted with Jennifer. I ate supper while listening to an interview. Then I made a salad with red kale and salad greens.
At 8 we watched three episodes of Enterprise. Then I wrote my blog post and went to bed.
* This is the picture she texted me. It consists of six blocks. *

No comments: