Monday, April 2, 2018

Revive me, but skip the scent

I wrote my blog post last night but forgot to actually post it. I guess I checked my open windows to see if I forgot to mention anything and got side-tracked, then went to bed.
I got up between 8 and 8:30. I brushed my hair and teeth. I took some vitamin c and niacin, then started swishing. I sewed four patches onto a black strip. I heated water in the teapot, which had turmeric slices in it. I drank that while I checked e-mail and listened to audios. I published my blog post. I threw on some old clothes and went in the back yard to finish trimming the yard. What I really wanted was to get some morning sunlight to help me sleep better tonight. I called Revive to schedule a reflexology session. They had an opening this afternoon.
At 11, I started making breakfast. I ate it in front of my laptop, listening to a tapping audio. I paused it to get dressed a little better. I gathered up some red scraps for my project. Then I rolled my cart out to the car and put the sewing gear in the trunk. I drove to quilting.
When I arrived, all the ladies were sitting around the lunch table. I pulled up a chair and joined the chitchat. When the lunch bunch broke up, I assembled my sewing gear at a back table. I worked on my red project while talked to the others. Most of them left by 1 or 2. Carolyn stayed with me until three. Then we packed up and left.
From there, I went to the YouFit shopping center. I drove around until I found Revive at the back. It was a cute little place, but when I walked in, I could smell the chemicals associated with manicures. A nice young man welcomed me to the shop. He had tattoos all over his arms. He led me to a room with a bed. I took off my shoes and footies and laid on the bed. He turned down the lights and got some lotion to rub on my calves and feet. It was so nice and relaxing that I almost fell asleep. But the smell of nail polish kept me awake. And the lotion was scented as well. He went over the half hour we agreed on. So I gave me an extra $5 when I paid. He offered me a plastic bottle of cold water, but I declined.
I went home and had lunch. And water, too. Chris was home, but only to have a bite to eat. He gave me a package from Swansons. It was the pili nuts that I heard about on The Skinny About Fat summit: the highest fat content of any nut. I tried them. They were ok but I prefer nuts that are crunchy and these definitely aren't.
Then he left for some social obligation. I finished my audio from earlier. I took a walk down by the school. It did not take 45 minutes. When I got back, I checked the house mail. Nothing. I went to the back yard to mow. It was slow going, with an 11 inch cut and having to mow 2 steps forward and one back.
Near the end, I noticed Chris was home. I put away the mower and greeted him. I ate some ham and roasted vegetables. Then I made a small salad. I ate it while playing Solitaire. Then I sat in the living room with a book, waiting for Chris to watch TV.
When he was ready, we went to the Fox network to watch the episode of Lucifer that got pre-empted by weather news. But the streaming got interrupted several times and the download was slow. I think it took us an hour and a half to watch the show. Then we watched one episode of Enterprise. Chris got ready for bed. I assembled the recyclables and took them to the street. Then I sat down to write my blog.

No comments: