Sunday, April 22, 2018

The first of several rainy days

I got up at 8. I took a shower and got dressed for church. My hair looked better than it has in months. I checked e-mail. I discovered that the kimchi I bought last week had fermented and overflowed. I had to mop the floor. I put it in the fridge. Then I put on my coat to go to church.
It was raining and my car windows were down a little. So I ran back inside for a towel. I sat on it to drive to church, with the windows cracked for air. On the way, it sounded like there was a little creature rustling around in the back seat. But, at every stop light, the noise stopped. Finally I realized it was the 6 ft. shepherds hook I had gotten at Joanns. Whew!
I made it in time for choir warm-up. Then I hit the restroom before church. Ron gave me a time and talent sheet to add to my collection.
Our pastor had some screws removed from his ankle this week. It was worse than the doctor had said. So he gave his sermon from a wheelchair at the altar. Jennifer did the liturgy, as well as led the choir. He led the ceremony for the confirmands, Quinn and McKenna. After the service, there was a reception. I attended, bypassing the beautiful cross cake for the fresh veggies. I talked to Jennifer, the mother of the confirmands. Then I talked to Margie, wife of Pastor Keith. I offered help if they wanted anything. Then I drove home.
When I got home, I changed clothes. I took some more towels out to my car to sop up the water. I checked e-mail, but there wasn't much. I looked online for a quilting idea I had seen 20 years ago on Simply Quilts, but the search was unsuccessful. I watched an episode of TQS. Apparently they sell fabric with mandalas printed on them and you can color them in with Inktense watercolor pencils, and put them on wallhangings or quilts. But they are pricey for just a line drawing on fabric. Then I worked on the cross project, arranging them on my cutting board and deciding which colors I want more of. I put some fabric away, but needed to put away more to have space to work.
I came back to my laptop to listen to more audios. Chris made sweet potatoes, fish, and an onion-green tomato curry to put on the fish. It was delicious. I updated my latest works of art to my Pinterest page. I played a few games of Solitaire while listening to a 3hz binaural beat. I started writing my blog post. Chris called up Enterprise on the TV. After watching one episode, I took melatonin. After the second episode, I took the rest of my evening supplements with kava tea. Chris made his sandwish and went to bed. I stayed up to finish my blog. Wish Chris luck with his interview tomorrow.
* this is a quilt that Jane showed off last Tuesday. *

No comments: