Tuesday, April 3, 2018

First day of shorts weather

I thought I heard Chris leave for work this morning. Then I heard my phone alarm ring from the diningroom. So it must have been 7:30. But a few minutes later, he came in the room to take a shower. He said he was at PT and each station had a puzzle to do after the exercise. He thought I should have come because one was Sudoku and another was algebra. But I guess it was a one-day thing for whatever is going on this week.
I stayed in bed awhile longer, but he didn't leave. So I got up about 8. I put some water in the teapot with the turmeric slices and heated it. I chose some salmon squares and sewed them to a black strip. Then I turned on the router and poured out the hot turmeric water. It was deep red. I added a few drops of lemon juice and the whole thing turned orange. I drank it while typing some notes for my blog. And then I checked e-mail. I did one of Oprah's meditations, noting that I am far behind. When it finished, I got dressed and went to quilting.
There were only about a table and a half of women there. I sat at the second table and talked to Jodi. Beverly came in a little later. Jane did not come. All we did was talk, and I did not get any work done on the rug. Eventually the group cleared out. Beverly and I went to the parking lot. I put my bag of rug in my car and then joined her in hers. We went to get kimbap. It was freezing in that store! I asked the manager if she knew the new Korean doctors. She said she had tried their machine and gotten a rating of 88. Then we went to the Korean acupuncture store where I made appointments for Jennifer and me for Thursday morning. I asked for my rating (having tried their machine last week). It took him a moment to look it up, but he found it - 73 or 76.
From there, Beverly and I went to the Kiwanis Sport-Plex which was nearby. It is a big circle of 4 baseball fields, stadiums and kids playground. There is also a water feature with a path around it. We walked here and there, around the pond and past the fields. Then we sat in her car and tried to get a walking app on my phone. I asked her how to use the calendar app. So she played around with it, and I added something, too. Then we went back to the church so I could pick up my car and go home.
When I got home, I resumed the video I had paused earlier. I ate my kimbap with kimchi. When the video was finished, I washed up from having hot flashes and put on shorts. At 3 I left the house for the doctor's office. I got there just a minute early. I waited while he walked his wife out to her car. Since his afternoon hours don't start until three, I am guessing she came by for lunch.
Anyway, then it was my turn. He did a test for fibromyalgia. He said it would hurt, but it did not – which means I passed. He adjusted my back. We did some muscle-testing. He said I was taking too many supplements. I asked about the cyst on my wrist. He did some localized adjusting for that. He said I didn't need any more adjustments, but he wanted to keep an eye on the detoxing from arsenic. However, the homeopathic arsenic had not come in yet, so I have to go back when it does.
From there, I went to the bank to use the ATM, but it was off-line. So I went inside and got cash for the appointment on Thursday. Then I went home.
Chris was there, on his laptop. I checked my e-mail again, and started an audio. Then I retired to my sewing area. I cut apart squares sewn to a black strip. I got out the two crayons from the crayon challenge. I found some fabric to match them. Then I played around with designs until I had an idea. I started sewing before I sketched and it did not turn out as I had envisioned. So I sketched. I did both the crayon project and the cross project. Chris left for another social engagement related to work. I noticed dandelion heads poking up out of the lawn. I got clippers and walked around trimming them. Then I picked some dandelion and violet leaves and chives. I made a salad and ate it while listening to an audio. Chris came home right as my audio ended.
When 8pm rolled around, we watched three episodes of Enterprise. Then I checked my phone to see if I had taken any pics today and it was waiting for me to swipe in answer to the event Supper. Why didn't it do so with the other events we programmed? I wrote my blog post and drank my kava tea. I wished I had taken pics at the sport-plex. I chose a pic, then posted to my blog and went to bed.
* flowering tree *

No comments: