Thursday, April 26, 2018

Partial success

It was raining when I woke up so I did not get out of bed right away, probably sometime just after 8. I opened the door to the bathroom to let the moisture escape, then used the other one. I compared several of my panels of red scraps and found two of similar dimension and sewed them together. I took off the bandaid on my mole. The black crust had fallen off. However, unlike the videos on youtube, the mole was still there. The diameter had not changed but it did feel diminished in height. I put some coconut oil on it. I moved my toothbrush and paste to the other bathroom and poured fresh hydrogen peroxide in the cup. I brushed my teeth with coconut oil and baking soda, then swished it while I turned on the router and started my blog post.
I deleted e-mail while listening to a podcast. I put a chunk of frozen pureed lemon in a quart of water and drank it. I heard a podcast on hormone balance that recommended seed cycling: 2 weeks of ground flax and pumpkin seeds, followed by 2 weeks of sesame and sunflower seeds. Gee, all those seeds are in my seed crackers. Should I split them up?
I sent the insurance form from the laptop to the desktop computer for printing. I printed it out, then checked for the information that the insurance website said was necessary for payment. But it wasn't all there because the form did not ask for it. I did the column of light visualization that the massage person gave me yesterday.
I got dressed and left for the chiropractor.
I got there a few minutes early, so I sat there reading about the exercises the emergency room doctor recommended. I asked the receptionist about how she files my treatment with the insurance company. She has a different form and suggested I use a cover letter to add the information that is not on the form. When the doctor was ready, I followed him into the exam room. He asked how different parts of me felt. I told him my neck was tight, and my lower back as well. And that I had a few twinges of chest pain, but that my computer occasionally picked up a 5g signal from some place nearby. He used his thumper on my back, as well as a massage tool. There was enough pressure that it was a little painful. He used it on my feet, too. He shimmed my hips for this process, the one on the right was higher. He said my neck was doing really well. I did not tell him about the massage person who worked on it yesterday. Then he muscle-tested me for hormonal balance and said I was fine. So no acupuncture for me today. He said to come back on Monday and maybe only come once a week for awhile. I went to the front desk to pay and make an appointment.
Then I went to Stitch-Its. It was not raining as I pulled my machine out of the car. But the room was full of ladies. Pat got up and gave me her seat, saying she had to leave soon. So I sat by Leanne and we talked for a bit. A lady gave me a baggie of red scraps from Lynn. The other Pat talked to me about the book she wants me to order for the guild. The others were talking about Panoply. Leanne invited me to go with her on Saturday. So we made plans to meet then. I worked a little longer on my red project, and then it was time to go. I packed up my stuff, and carried a box of books to Pat's car. Then I rolled my stuff to my car. It was raining at that point, but not hard. I was going to stop at the acupunturists on the way home for more information for the insurance company, but the rain increased and I did not want to get the form wet.
It was almost 3 when I got home. I was getting hungry. It seems each time I fast, it gets easier, but at the end, I get really hungry and my chest hurts. So I ate a fat bomb and some seed crackers. The hurt went away. Jennifer texted me that she bought some fabric for making receiving blankets. So I looked up tutorials online. Few of them had hoods, even though I specifically searched for hooded baby blankets. Finally I e-mailed her back that I had some cotton fabric that might match the flannel she bought to make them double-sided. Then I made and ate breakfast.
I moved my laptop to the guest room. I cut black strips at my sewing desk in preparation for a bit of sewing tomorrow. I stopped when skype rang. I went back to talk to my tapping buddy. We talked and tapped for an hour and a half. When it was over, I moved my laptop back to the diningroom table. I had missed a call, so I checked and it was Cecelia. I called her back and we talked about magnesium for leg cramps. Then Chris and I watched two episodes of Enterprise. Afterward, I typed up my blog, treated my mole, and went to bed.
* an orphan block quilt from the MQG. *

No comments: