Friday, April 6, 2018

Bummer of a day

I went to bed ambulatory, but woke up bedridden. Chris had already left for work, and my phone was in the diningroom, so I had no way to get help. My kidneys were very productive, however. I had to use pillowcases and sheets to soak it up so the mattress would not get wet. It was pathetic and depressing. I tapped, and visualized, and prayed for Chris to come check on me. I put on my mp3 headphones to meditate.
Around 1:30, the mainenance men came to replace the fridge and water heater. Praise the Lord. When they knocked, I yelled for them to come in. I was afraid they wouldn't, but after a minute, they did. Then I asked one of them to get my phone for me. I was embarrassed for him to come in the bedroom, but I needed the phone. I called Chris and he came home from work. While the men worked, Chris helped me get more comfortable. He brought me food and water and meds. He found 5 and I chose three. He plugged in a lamp so I could read. I finished a quilting novel. I got sleepy but when I did not fall asleep right away, I kept reading. Chris brought me two hardboiled eggs. I tried to get up, but still could not. Beverly called me for advice on her quilt. She mentioned some back exercises, but I was not up to doing them yet.
Then I called Dad to see how he was doing. I had meant to call him for Easter. I asked Chris for a bowl of vegetable soup. He heated it up, then fed it to me. I read part of a second quilting novel in the same series. Then I called Faye for advice on which meds to take as a second round since the first round did not seem to help. I tried to move around a little so as not to get bed sores. Chris called up Netflix on my tablet. I watched part of an episode of The Office, but it wasn't holding my attention. So I switched to The 4400. I asked Chris to rub magnesium oil on my back. But I spasmed just from his flicking my nightshirt out of the way.
At 10:30 Chris brought me a second round of meds and some water and pili nuts and a banana. I was feeling a little better so I tried to get up, but I spasmed. I requested my laptop so I could post to my blog because I don't know how to do that on my tablet. It has been a long and frustrating (and painul) day. I hope the night will be different.
* This is a tree that fell over in the storm a few days ago. *

No comments: