Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Reiki

I'm not sure when I first got up. I tried going back to bed, but the brain was awake even if the body wanted more rest. Before 7 I took off the ACV bandaid. The darkest brown layer of the mole came off. Then I started looking for my feed dog cover. I could not find it in any of little boxes and baskets of stuff in the sewing room. So I had to quilt without it. I set the stitch length to 0. I used the ruler template like yesterday. The first flower petal came out with very short stitches and the thread broke. My pedal was not giving even stitches, instead it was going in pulses. So I ran the handwheel with my right hand and moved the fabric with my left, around inside the ruler shape. It was slow, tedious and painful to the wrist. I wondered if another machine would do better. When the flower was done, I stitched-in-the-ditch around the petals.
I wasn't sure where to go from there, so I turned on the router and read e-mail while drinking lemon water. I made seed crackers and refilled some of the small containers from larger ones. Then I made breakfast and ate it while listening to an audio. When I finished eating, I got dressed for cold weather and headed to quilting.
I thought it was a regular day of chatting and individual projects, but Jane and some others were cutting fleece for a vacation bible school project. Beverly was matching baseball panels with blue panels, so I helped her. As the ladies cut off the fleece selvege edges, I collected them for my rug. We all talked for a bit. Beverly laid out her quilt top and backing. Anita and I gave her advice on how to construct a backing that was big enough. After Jane left, she and I went to the thrift shop looking for the tiny sewing machine I had seen months ago. But it was gone. Then I looked for something made of brown fabric to reclaim for the doublet Michele wants. I didn't see anything I was sure she would like. Then we went to Joanns for Beverly to buy batting. I saw some brown fabric there and sent a pic to Michele but the phone would not send it.
We went back to the church to get my car. I went home and ate some seed crackers with hummus. I washed up and dressed for warm weather. I tried to call the GP to set up an appt but got a busy signal 3 times. Then I headed to Dream Maker. It's a place where they sell rocks and crystals and meditation stuff. First I had to fill out paperwork stating my health issues, if I had any. Then Ron took me to a back room. He showed me the crystal light bed. Basically, it was a row of lighted crystals in chakra colors. He explained that he would use a mixture of Reiki and energy techniques. Then he left while I undressed and got under the sheet on the table. He came back a few minutes later. He held my head and assessed my energy flow. He said my cranium was sitting low on my neck, like a cork in a bottle. He massaged tender points on my ankles that were related to my heart. He did a psoas release technique that included moving my knee back and forth. Then he said my legs were now the same length. He did some more work on my neck and said to put ice on the back of my neck tonight. I was so relaxed at that point that I did not see what he did with stones on front of my body. When he was done, he left. I got dressed and went to the front desk to pay. He introduced me to his wife and said something about coming back.
I drove home, very relaxed and trying to digest the whole experience. I checked the mail, and ate some nuts. I called the GP again. After verifying my insurance, the clerk said the GP wasn't taking any new patients. I told her the chiropractor had talked to the doctor and I assumed it was taken care of. She said she would tell the doctor and call me back. Chris came home from work. I called the insurance company to ask about the ambulance bill for $500. She called the EMS company and got it straightened out. Then I went for a walk since it was so nice and sunny. I asked Chris to answer my phone while I was gone.
When I got back, he said no one had called. It was past the closing time for the GP. To finish the flower block (due at the meeting at 6), I folded the backing to the front and stitched all around. Then I grabbed orphan quilt block challenge top and headed to the Modern Quilt Guild. To avoid all the traffic on Jordan, I took Drake to the parkway. It was faster. At the meeting, I showed off the quilt top and took pics of other people's work. I found out that the flower block is not due until next month. New challenges were announced. There was a drawing for everyone who had submitted a quilt top or block. After the meeting, I talked to Jen whom I hadn't seen in years.
Then I drove home. I made a salad for supper and read e-mail. When I was done, we watched two episodes of Enterprise. Then Chris made his sandwich and went to bed. I edited the pics I took and wrote my blog post. I taped ACV over the mole on my face which was getting sore. Then I went to bed.
* This is someone else's orphan block top. *

No comments: