Sunday, April 15, 2018

April Showers

I woke up and discovered Chris was already up. I was ruminating when I heard a torrent of rain hit the roof. I jumped out of bed and threw on some clothes, then grabbed my keys and an umbrella to put up my car windows. With the windows up, I relaxed. I took off the ACV bandaid from the mole. It did not look any different. I started swishing. I sewed the second side seam on the bag. Then I pressed the backing fabric for the flower block. Then the swishing was done, so I took some morning supplements. I fired up my laptop to read e-mail. I looked up some videos on nerve flossing and back pain on the Zhealth blog.
I watched a video on how pet food is made while entering info on time and talent spreadsheet. I found the spreadsheet very distracting. Nevertheless, I learned that it takes 40% or more starch to make those extruded pellets in pet food, so it is high carb. Dogs are colorblinnd so who is the colored kibble for? Chicken meal is chicken feathers and beaks and stuff cooked at high temp to a slurpy paste which is then extruded to be kibble. High temps create advanced glycation end products. Dry pet food is worse than the standard american diet. Rabies vaccines were causing tumors, so they started injecting the tail or leg cause it could be cut off. Injecting every year is over-vaccination. Most pet vaccines last 5 to 7 years. Little dogs get the same dose of vaccine as big dogs. Most contain either mercury or aluminum or both. Vaccine labels state 'for healthy animals only', but many vets are not paying attention to that. Re-vaccinating without a titer test is unnecessary and harmful. One vet would rather treat distemper than cancer.
I made and ate breakfast. Then we went to Barnes and Noble. They did not have the book the doctor recommended. I chose a different one and Chris got some DVD's. He paid for most of it with gift cards. We were going to go to Lowes, but my back was tired, so we went home instead. Chris did laundry and put veggies in the oven to roast. I heated up the leftover onion soup.
I listened to other audios while I created a spreadsheet for each ministry and filled them in. I also made a sheet of contact info to go with it. I mashed up a hard boiled egg with hummus and ate it. I took a walk in the rain, for the benefit of my back. Sometimes I had to step off the sidewalk and walk in the street to avoid deep flows of water.
When I got back, I separated all the notes for Dad's letter into paragraphs by person, and converted them to full sentences. I looked online for some sincere holiday wishes to copy. (Sincerity: when you can fake that, you've got it made.) I ate some of the roasted veggies, then made a salad. I threw out some older stuff from the fridge. I finished the spreadsheets and printed out the one for Stewardship, with the relevant contact info on the back.
Since I had a full stomach, I took my meds at full strength. Then we watched two episodes of Enterprise. I was getting dizzy and sleepy. I made myself some hot bone broth to protect my digestive system from the medication. Chris helped me put ACV on my mole, and then I went to bed. Frustratingly, I did not sleep for some time. But when I did, I did not wake up until after 8.

No comments: