Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Job offer

I got up around 8. I swished as I sewed a black strip to a colored strip. I turned on the router and waited for the signal to reach my laptop. I ate a fat bomb and a hard boiled egg while I cleared e-mail. Then I got dressed and hunted up my Strips Ahoy ruler. I picked up my iron, large square ruler, and channeled cutting board and headed to quilting.
When I got there, I looked for Beverly's car but did not see it. I went inside. Anita and Robin were cutting the last of the fleece rectangles. So I used my channeled cutting ruler to cut the sides into strips for tying. Other ladies were doing the same. Within a hour, the sets were all cut and packed into bags for VBS. The ladies were packing up to go so I did, too.
I went to the Asian store for kimbap. Then I went next door to Ace Acupuncture for a foot detox. The male doctor was there. He saw my crusty mole and encouraged me to show it to his wife if I saw her. He said she might give me a price break. I asked about 'heart and spleen blood deficiency' since I had seen it on a Chinese-American acupuncture site. One of the symptoms is insomnia. He showed me supplements that he recommends for that. The cheaper ones were $50 a bottle. I said I'd think about it. I sat down and he brought me a tub of really hot water. I eased my feet into it. Then he hooked up the detox unit. During the 30 minutes that it ran, he talked to me occasionally. I had to call out to him when it stopped. He brought me some paper towels to wipe the detox gunk off of my feet and ankles. I reminded him to take a photograph. So he did. Then he put surgical covers on my feet. He set up the foot massage machine, turned it on, and left. I had to ask for the shoulder massager as well.
I sat there, enjoying both massagers. Dr. Grace returned shortly before the massagers were finished. She brought me a cup of ionized water. When my time was up, I put on my shoes and socks and went to the front desk to pay. I showed her my mole. She tsk-tsked and said how important it was to be removed. But she would not give me a price break. I told them that my insurance pays for acupuncture if they have an itemized receipt. They said they were told Alabama insurance would not pay. I said if they gave me an itemized receipt for the acupuncture session two weeks ago, I would submit it and find out for sure. So he prepared one for me. She asked if I was good on the computer and I said yes. Then she asked for my phone number and said she would call me if she needed someone to make phone calls and do stuff on the computer. Effectively, she offered me a job. But she couldn't say how many hours or when. Since I did not see any other customers, probably not many if any. He explained why they picked the name ACE for their business. I suggested that her last name of Hwang might be better. As I got up to leave, she asked me to sign the big paper on her wall. I added my name and message to her wall, and she said I was the first Alabama customer to sign it. I bid them good bye and went home.
When I got home, I added some kimchi to my container of kimbap and ate it at my laptop. I cleared e-mail, and looked up how to submit insurance claims. I found an on-line form and filled out what I could, but I needed Chris' input. I wondered if I should have accepted her job offer, not for money but for services in kind, like having the mole removed. I put some pumpkin and sunflower seeds in a bowl to soak. Then I went for a walk around the neighborhood. At one point I realized I was walking directly under the power line and I changed to a parallel course. When I got back, I mixed up a batch of seed crackers. While they baked, I made hummus. When the timer rang, I turned off the oven and left the crackers in to crisp up. Then I went to watching mole removal videos. I tried searching by the alphabet. I typed in “ remove moles with _” . I put 'a' in the blank and a bunch of things starting with 'a' were suggested. I went to 'z' and wrote down the most promising ones. Chris came home from work. I paused the current video to talk to him. I got the info I needed to finish the form. I watched more videos. Then I whipped up a batch of castor oil/baking soda/frankincense mix and tried to put it on my mole, but it wouldn't stick. I just rubbed it with coconut oil for the time being. I had some fish and roasted veggies for supper. I played too many games of Solitaire, trying to beat a particularly tough game. And I finally did, but then it was time to watch TV.
Chris cued up Netflix and the next episode of Enterprise. We watched two episodes, which included the season ender. It was almost too exciting. Then I took my evening supplements and sat down to write my blog post for today.
* I took this pic at the modern quilt guild meeting. *

No comments: