Tuesday, June 5, 2018

All the wrong strings

I got up at 7. I put up my hair. I sewed a strip to the strip block and prepared another strip for tomorrow. I went looking through bags of scraps for batik squares for the black and white charity blocks. I found some, plus strips of black and white for the outside. So I cut a set of pieces. Then I thought about the pillows. I pulled two from our bed and mashed them in the washer. I put bleach in the bleach dispenser and baking soda and Clorox whitener in the powder dispenser. Then I turned on the machine and let it fill with water. I added water to the ginger tea and put it on the burner. This time I set a timer so I would remember to check it before all the water boiled off. I put a quarter cup of sprouting seeds in a container to soak. Then I turned on the router and called up a recipe for shower spray. I poured white vinegar and melaleuca drops in a spray bottle. I sprayed some on the shower curtain liner, but it wasn't enough to get all the mildew off. I put sunflower and pumpkin seeds in a bowl to soak. Then I poured the ginger tea into an ice cube tray, and washed the tea pot. I used the soaked seeds to make seed crackers. After several dryings, I put the pillows on the bed, under the ceiling fan (just in case). Then I watered the flowers and tomatoes.
About 12:30, I went to the Asian market for kimbap. Then I went to the Korean doctors to show them their message. But he was with a patient, so I left. I went to the guitar store. The man said that the steel strings were all wrong and that I would have damaged the guitar if I had tuned up the strings. He loosened all the pegs. I left it with him to re-string. I went to Roses and found a shower curtain liner and bath mat.
Then I went to Beverly's house. I showed her my hand-dyed fabrics. She asked what I was going to make and I said it was too nice to cut into. She had her daughter's two dogs. One jumped all over me and the other licked me. Good thing I like dogs, eh?
After awhile, we went for a walk around the neighborhood. Then we went to the farmer's market on Weatherly. I got some lettuce and we split a bucket of tomatoes. She bought some peaches and gave me one. On the way back, we passed where her daughter works now, and another market (but it doesn't open until tomorrow).
When we got back to her house, I skipped going in the house and meeting the dogs again. I drove home, arriving just before Chris did. I brought all my bags inside. But I left the bag of fleece in the car. I put the pillowcases on the pillows. I ate my kimbap with kimchi and read e-mail. I gave Chris the pieces of radish that I poked out of the kimbap. I ate the last bit of cheese. The last bit of tempeh was moldy so I threw it out. I ate some nuts and frozen berries. Then I finished mowing the lawn, and started mowing it in the other direction. When my hands got tired, I parked the mower and came in. I read e-mail until 8.
We watched a past episode of Lucifer through the FOX network. Except for the annoying commercials, it went fine. So we watched another one (there being two episodes that aired after the season finale). But something went wrong. The screen pixelated, and the scenes slowed down. Finally Chris rebooted the little laptop that sends input to the TV. But that wasn't going well either. So he hooked up his laptop to the TV and we watched the rest of the episode. Then I took my evening supplements and posted to my blog.
* This is a tree outside our hotel in Johnson City. *

No comments: