Thursday, June 21, 2018

Chris returns from out west

Lying in bed last night, I tried to think of the last time I had a hot flash, and I thiink it was Tuesday. Fasting gets rid of hot flashes?
I heard the alarm go off, but did not get up. I guess because it was raining so hard, I fell asleep because when I got up, it was almost 9. I took a shower. I sewed a seam on the mondo bag. Then I cut some squares for it. I made a diagram of the bottom of the bag to ensure that two matching squares would not end up together. Then I drank a quart of lemon water and read e-mail.
I listened to a presentation on dowsing for Hartman and Curry lines. Yesterday's presentation was on dowsing for geopathic stress lines. I wondered if I could just dowse for a place to sit with no negative energy lines running through it. I made and ate breakfast. I noticed that the scoby floating on top of a jar of tea, was now hovering near the bottom of the jar. I pulled the sprouts out of the fridge, rinsed them and ate some.
Then I made and ate breakfast and got dressed. I put all my squares plus the mondo bag panels in a bag. I rolled my sewing gear to the car and took an umbrella as well. I arrived at quilting just after noon. Pat pulled me aside to talk about library issues. I agreed to write the annual report for the library committee. Then I showed my mondo bag panels to Marjorie, who got me started last week. I searched the fabrics in the back room to find more of the melon fabric and broccoli fabric. But it wasn't there. I told some of the ladies what I was looking for. I said that when the scraps were put out for anyone to take, that I did not take them all because I did not want to be greedy. They hoped I learned my lesson! My backup plan was to alternate squares from the scraps that I had, but there wasn't quite enough for even that. Pat took a pic to show to Beverly P who made a fruit and vegetable quilt recently.
Around 2:30 those of us who were left, packed up and went home. I checked the home mail but it was empty. Chris came home while I was putting laundry away. I talked to him as he unpacked his suitcases. He gave me the change in his pocket. We had some private time. I made a big salad and ate it while listening to a tapping audio. Then I moved my laptop to the guest room. My tapping buddy was on. We tapped together for her issue.
When we finished, I told Chris I was ready to watch TV. I made myself a cup of hot kava tea while he cued up the DVD. We watched The Greatest Showman with Hugh Jackman. I liked it, but then I like musicals. It surprised me that Chris like it, too. Then we got ready for bed. I looked up historical references and discovered that the musical story was not exactly true to life.
* Another quilt from the Modern Quilt Guild *

No comments: