Thursday, June 14, 2018

New neighbors

I heard the alarm go off at the usual time. I stayed in bed, setting an intention for the day and got up just before 8. I put up my hair and swished. I sewed two patches together and cut some fleece strips. Then I turned on the router and checked e-mail. I put on an interview while I went through my fruit and veggie fabrics. I also found some fruit and veggie scraps from the Thursday group. I watched short video about a one minute exercise for the triceps. I hardboiled all but three duck eggs. Our new neighbor came over to introduce himself and ask if the moving truck can park in front of my car. I said I didn't have to leave until noon.
I made and ate breakfast, plus one duck egg that cracked. I also ate the grapefruit that Dr. Grace gave me. I cut some squares from the fruit and veggie fabrics. I washed up and got dressed. Since my sewing gear was still in the trunk, I was ready to go. When I opened my car door, I heard the neighbor and we exchanged pleasantries. I told him if he had any questions, to just ask and that I looked forward to meeting his wife.
Then I took my squares and went to quilting. Marjorie laid out the squares and explained how to make the mondo bag and gave me a copy of the instructions. After she left, I pulled out my blue project and finished square 11. Leanne invited me to join her at the movies tomorrow. I put it in my phone along with three reminders. Then we all packed up and went home.
I got home around 3. Since I hadn't had anything to eat or drink for three hours, I used the swabs from the DNA kit and packaged them to go in the mail tomorrow. Then I made a large salad. I listend to an audio as I ate. I cut up and salted the last bitter melon. After 15 minutes, I rinsed it off and tossed it in olive juice to pickle.
I watered the plants in front and in the back. I went for a walk. I clocked it at 40 minutes. I listened to another audio and drank a lot of water. I put the charged battery back in the lawn mower. I ironed block 11, and took a pic. I noticed a tuck in one section, so I ripped it out and resewed. I printed out some pages with paper-pieced quilting diagrams.
My tapping buddy skyped me just as the printer pulled in the first sheet. We tapped and talked for almost 2 hours.
After the call, I looked for comedies on Netflix. I decided to watch several episodes of Frasier. Then Chris skyped me. It was not a good connection so we gave up on the video part and just texted. I told him about our new neighbors. Then he went to bed, and I stayed up to blog.

No comments: