Monday, June 25, 2018

Mondo progress

I am not sure when I got up since my watch battery died last night. I put on wedge shoes to help with the burning in my heel. I swished while I sewed the three vertical seams in a panel. Then I turned on the router. I soaked my sprouts for 10 minutes. I finished the dowsing audio that I started two days ago and jotted some notes. Dr. Grace called and wanted me to stop by today but I suggested tomorrow would be better.
I read e-mail and listened to something from The Toxic Home summit. I made and ate breakfast. I tested the battery I bought for the timer. It had a full charge. I washed up and got dressed. I gathered parts of the bag plus lining fabric and fusible batting. I put my sewing gear in the trunk and watered the plants out front. Then I went to quilting.
They hadn't quite taken their lunch break. I set my my machine and sewed while they ate. I finished all the vertical seams, but was not sure what to do next because I had left the directions at home. Dinah brought Bertha. Bertha had made a mondo bag and said the fusible should go on the lining, not the outside of the bag. She showed me a video on her phone that confirmed it.So I sewed the 4 panels into a bag shape. Then I cut panels from the lining fabric and the fusible. I fused the fleece to the lining pieces and sewed them into a bag shape. Bertha was gone by then so I packed up to go.
When I got ready to leave, the rain was coming down in torrents. So I waited, and before long the rain subsided. Rebecca and I left the building and went to our cars. I loaded my stuff in the trunk and drove home. Chris was not home yet. I checked the mail. There were papers on the porch from Pat giving me the info I need to write the annual report for the library committee. I hoped it would be a quick and easy project.
I listened to audios and read e-mail. I pulled the frozen sock from the freezer and wrapped it around my ankle. Chris came home from work. He asked me if I would like to walk with him to see how long his morning run is. But I said normally yes, but not today because it would only make my ankle worse. So he went by himself. Not long after he got back, he got a voicemail for an interview for a job in Albuquerque. He called the number and the lady set up an appointment for Friday. She asked if he was willing to move to Albuquerque and he said yes, but I just stared at him. After the interview I told him I would miss him.
I ate half of a cantaloupe and cut the other half in chunks to go in the freezer. I cleared more e-mail and snacked on cashews. I read an article on geopathic stress until I needed a break. I bagged up the recyclables and left them on the porch in case it rained.
I worked on the quilt-as-you-go project from the Tuesday group. When things didn't line up, I discovered that one block was cut too big. I had to take out a seam to trim the three raw sides and then rejoin it to the end block. It bothered me that I hadn't caught it sooner. I ruminated on the call I got earlier from the charity I donated to online. The man said they were changing their name and asked for a donation three times. I declined to donate over the phone. I decided it might very well be a scam.
When Chris was ready to watch TV, we sat on the couch together. Chris got me the cold sock of rice for my ankle and we watched two episodes of Death in Paradise. The lead character was killed in the second episode and replaced by someone less ...interesting. Then I took my evening supplements and looked up the change of actors. It seems the new guy will be around for 3 ½ seasons at least. But then he gets replaced, hopefully by a character more interesting.
I found a watch that still worked but had a bad band. I asked Chris to switch the bands, but he said they were different sizes. I soaked my sprouts again. I wrote up my blog post for the day and went to bed.

No comments: