Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Financial secretary-in-training

I tried to listen to some brain wave entrainment last night on my tablet. But for some reason, the sound would not come through the headphones. I had to fall asleep without it. I woke up in the middle of the night, not sweating. No good reason for being awake. But eventually I went back to sleep. I got up shortly before the alarm. I put up my hair and swished while sewing the last strip plus joining the ends of a bunch of blue fleece that I cut yesterday.
I turned on the router and booted up the laptop. I called Michele to see how she liked the moon lamp she got from her uncle. She thought it was cool. Then I played an interview while I made a batch of hot flash spray for Beverly. I added some rose water to it, having heard it was good for cooling off. I ate a fat bomb and paused the audio.
I drove to the WalMart neighborhood store to get flax and chia seed. I also got some ginger root and organic cilantro. It was a self-checkout, and I managed to navigate through it. Then I continued on to quilting, and brought in my machine and accessories. I set it up on a table by Eva. Jane was explaining to her how to join pre-quilted blocks. I handed in the three blocks I had made. I went to the front table to get backings and batting and strips for two more blocks. Beverly came by. She set up by me. Jane showed some of us how to join the prequilted blocks. I made the two blocks and by then, most people were gone. I loaded what was on the tables onto a cart and rolled it to the supply room. Then Beverly and I left together. She had to go to work.
I went to the Asian store for three packages of kimbap. Then I walked two door down to the Korean doctors. She wasn't there. I asked if he needed anything and he showed me a letter about her student loan. He wanted me to come back tomorrow and make a call to straighten things out. I didn't want to, but I nodded and left.
I went home to eat one package of kimbap and had kimchi with it. Then, because there was no other time for it, I made breakfast. I had eaten most of it when Beverly called to say she was on her way. I finished my breakfast and quickly watered the plants out front, and jumped in the car. I met Beverly at the church where we quilted. I gave her the two packages of kimbap. We talked until 1:30, then I had to go.
From there, I drove to my church. I sat in the secretary's chair and said some prayers for good luck. Then Tim arrived. We took the offering to a table in the fellowship hall and put the envelops in order. We opened them and wrote envelop numbers on all the checks. I took notes on everything we did. Then we went into the church office and booted up ServantKeeper. We entered the data into the spreadsheet and printed reports. Then we took the checks and cash to the bank. We were greeted by a friendly bank rep. She took us into her office and ran the deposits and gave us the receipts. Then we were done, after only 3 hours!
I went home from the bank, too tired to go to the farmer's market. I changed clothes. I watered the plants on the back porch. Instead of taking a walk, I mowed the lawn, then plugged in the battery to recharge it. I made a large salad but only had time to eat the first bowl of it. I changed clothes again and went to church for the Stewardship meeting.
It was shorter than most meetings. We discussed using Thrively, and getting the church a credit card from the bank. It ended at 8. I asked Tim how he printed out the reports that he handed out tonight. It was started to storm, so I headed home. Till I got near the post, the rain was coming down fiercely. It was so bad that I was tempted to just stop, but so close that I kept going but at a crawl. It was good to finally get home, but I had to brave the rain to get into the house.
Chris had left me a video message on skype. I made one and sent it in reply.
I was not in a mood for The 4400. I wanted something lighter. I looked for The Orville on Netflix, but it wasn't there. So I watched several episodes of the IT Crowd and finished my salad. Then it occurred to me that with no neighbors and the hard rain, it was a good time to play my trombone. I couldn't possibly be disturbing anyone. So I got it out and played partials, and then from sheet music. I tried selections from Phantom of the Opera. But it was easier to sing, so I sang for awhile. Then it was time to post and go to bed.
* This is Lauri's quilt from yesterday. *

No comments: