Friday, June 15, 2018

My nemesis is back - 5G

Last night I used my tablet to listen to sleep tracks, but it did not work as well. And I did not hear my alarm go off so I did not get up until after 8:30. I sewed a patch and turned on the router. I put lemon in water and booted up the laptop. It told me that there was a new router in town, and like mine, it was sending out two signals including a 5G. It was a strong signal, so I was pretty sure it is from our new neighbors.
I went through my e-mail and watched some sewing videos. I unplugged my laptop and took it to the guest room to check the strength of the 5g signal in there. It was lower but still there. Then my laptop gave me a 'low battery' message. It had just registered in the upper 90's. So I ran back to the dining room and plugged it in. I re-started the video I was watching. Not right away, but in less than a minute the laptop shut down. I re-started it and it came back up as though nothing had happened. The battery showed as being 90 % charged. So what happened?
The Man Panel was playing an interview with Dr. John Gray, so I put that on and prepared to make breakfast. But when it came time to add the capsules of supplements to the mix, I realized I was out of daily supplement doses. So I had to stop and make up two weeks worth. Then I finished making breakfast and ate it while Dr. John Gray gave me more info than I could absorb. I hoped I would have time to listen to it again later.
I washed up and got dressed. I put on my shoes and grabbed my purse. I drove to the theater to meet Leanne for a movie. But I was 10 minutes early, so I walked around the outside of the building, which only took 6 minutes. There seemed to be more people stopping by for the movie today than last Friday. So I went inside and bought two tickets. I hoped to get the senior discount, but the lady said it starts at 60. Then I waited by the door for Leanne. When she arrived, I handed her a ticket and we went into the theater. We got good seats. After 20 minutes of previews and ads, they showed a short animated video from Pixar. Neither of us were certain what the point of it was.
And then The Incredibles started. It was a good movie, full of action and suspense. It really kept my attention: I almost forgot I was having hot flashes. After the movie, we walked outside together and, when our eyes adjusted, went our separate ways. I found my car, sweltering like a sauna in the parking lot. I let it cool off and drove back to base. But I stopped at the post office before going home.
I watered the plants. I researched supplements and placed orders with Swansons and Nuts.com. I also ordered more fermented cod liver oil. Then I went for a walk. I saw what looked like a lilac tree in bloom. And I found berry bushes. They were little green compound berries. I made a mental note to come back in a week to see how they were progressing. But then I found another patch that must have gotten more sun. Some of them were actually ripe. I would say they were black raspberries. I picked a handful and continued my walk.
When I got back, almost an hour had passed. I caught up on e-mail. I looked for a magnifier app for my phone, but none of them got good reviews. I was going to explore further, but my phone got hot. I ran out of coconut water, so I drank a can of coconut milk. I listened to John Gray again.
I visited the FOX website on the laptop connected to the TV. I tried to watch an episode of The Orville, but it only allowed me 5 minutes. So I reset it and tried again. This time (but different episode) it let me watch for 53 minutes. Then I went to the CBS website and watched back-to-back episodes of BBT. While it was on, I cut squares of fruits and vegetables and pinned them to the fusible backing for the bag. Around 10:45, I stopped and posted to my blog so I could go to bed.

No comments: