Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Both on the same day

I got up about 9. I sewed some seams on the quilt-as-you-go project and had the first two rows finished (though not sewn to each other). I turned on the router and did the usual tongue-scraping, oil-pulling, drybrushing, and exercises. I had to modify the exercises to allow for my ankle. Then I started meditation and tapping.
At one point the maintenance guy knocked, rang the doorbell and came in. I shut my door until I could get dressed to meet him. I guess he didn't hear me shouting. He changed the filter in the ac unit and checked the water heater. I showed him the cracked toilet seat and told him that the stopper wasn't always seating correctly so the tank would fill all night. He promised to put in a work order for it.
I went back to my meditation. The phone rang but I didn't stop to answer it because of so many spam calls. By the time I was done meditating, I forgot about it. I started cleaning the bathrooms, then got another call. This one was spam, but it jogged my memory to check on the other one. It was Leanne. I called her back. She was asking for a ride to have carpal tunnel surgery done. So we talked about it and she gave me directions to her house. I looked it up on MapQuest, which was an exercise in frustration. I didn't find it until AFTER I hung up with her and by then I forgot her house number.
It was sunny out so I put on my bathing suit and laid in the sun, which soon hid behind a cloud. I waited it out. Then I came in and started cleaning. When the cleaning was done, I washed up and got dressed. I called the holistic dentist in Tn to make an appointment to get a second opinion. They had July 12 open,which is the day my base pass expires! I took it, hoping to persuade someone to let me get my ID renewed early. I checked the mail outside and watered the plants.
Chris came home from work. He said he wasn't sure he could drive me on July 12th . Then he asked me to make him a loaf of bread. I called my local dentist to ask for a copy of my last x-rays. But there was no answer even though it was not yet 5. The biological dentist' office texted me a link to a short survey of what they need to know before I arrive. I answered the questions. I listened to a couple of interviews. One man said that every day of a fast takes you back one year. He said that a person fasts fine for 9 days and has a problem on the 10th, then something traumatic happened 10 years ago.
I called Consumer Cellular on Chris' phone to find out why I can't send pics. The customer rep reset something and I had to power my phone down and back up. But I still couldn't send photos and he said since it wasn't a consumer cellular phone that it might not work quite right with their system. Chris disagreed. I made myself a mug of bone broth and drank it while Chris did some internet searches and messed with my phone. But he could not make it send pics.
Then we watched two episodes of Death in Paradise. Chris took the bread out of the machine and put it in the fridge. Then he went to bed. I stayed up to blog.

No comments: