Saturday, June 30, 2018

More berries

I don't know when I got up this morning. I sewed enough seams to finish row 3 while Chris turned on the router and started his e-mail. Then I listened to a podcast:
6 Morning practices for a miracle morning: Silence and connection, Affirmations (what I am committed to, why I am committed, what I am willing to do, when I will do it), Visualization, Exercise, Reading, and Scribing (gratitude or to-do list). SAVERS. Unwavering faith + extraordinary effort = the miracles you want to create.
I took a break from e-mail to check the pepper plant. I picked our first pepper. It did not last long enough for me to take a pic. But it was tasty. Then I made breakfast. I listened to another podcast, and read e-mail. Chris went to work. I found a copy of the offering sheets that Art and I used to count the offering years ago. I imported it to Paint and erased all the figures, then printed it out to use this week.
My laptop said the battery was at 69% plugged in but not charging. I wondered why it wasn't charging. I unplugged it and the reading went up to 96%, but all too soon the laptop shut itself down. I plugged it back in and started it again. I worked on the rent letter for the doctors. Pat came by to pick up the librarian's annual report. I went back to writing the rent letter. I got a first draft written using a template from the internet. I wanted Chris to read it and made suggestions before I sent it off.
I blended six lemons and poured it into an ice cube tray. I put the rest in the fridge to keep until I could use the tray again. Then I made hummus (and a big mess). Chris came home from work, then turned around and went to the chapel. I listened to a podcast. When the podcast was over, I went for a walk, with a small container. I headed for the berry patch. It seemed like I picked a lot of berries but the container wasn't very full. There were some plants there that might have been poison ivy. I'll bet Kurt would know.
When I got back, Chris was home. I let Chris look at the letter I wrote and make changes while I took a shower to get any caustic oils off. Then I ate fruit while reading articles. Chris went out to the mailbox to find a DVD from Netflix with episodes of McHale's Navy. We watched them back-to-back until 11. Then I sat down to compose an e-mail to the doctors to go with the attached letter with changes. After sending it off, I wrote up my blog post for the day and went to bed because tomorrow is a busy day.
* This is Melissa's quilt from Thursday. *

No comments: