Sunday, June 10, 2018

Sprouts

I got up before 7:30. I put up my hair. I caught my alarm just as it rang, so as not to wake up Chris. I found a message on my phone and tried to respond to it, but apparently it was too long and it wouldn't let me edit it. So I had to write it over again. I sewed several strips on the strip block so it would be done by Tuesday. Chris woke up and turned on the router when he came out. I checked e-mail and saw one from 23andMe. It was Dad's ancestry report. Apparently there was enough DNA in his sample to run the tests. On both his maternal and paternal side, he shares DNA markers with the Yamnaya, a pastoral nomadic culture which migrated to Europe in the Bronze Age.
I listened to a podcast while playing Solitaire: A 90 year old Japanese doctor named Nakao: Urine contains information from the blood about the sicknesses present in the body. Through the throat, it sends that information to the cerebrum and the immune response is generated and orders are sent throughout the body. The natural healing power of the body is reinforced. Studies showed that gargling and discarding is as good as swallowing since it touches the throat. 20% of illnesses can be cured and 80% can be prevented this way.
Jennifer texted me that she was buying sprouts at the farmer's market. They looked good, but I had grown my own. I ate some sprouts to see if they were ready. Sort of. But I guess since I am not going to eat them all at once, I should start eating them now. I played a whole book of sonatas on the piano. I put on my suit and sunbathed in the back yard. Then I showered and put on regular clothes. I accompanied Chris for errands: the post office, the library, recycling, and the gas station.
Chris got ready and went to 5pm mass at the chapel. I made a quart of tea for the scoby I found in an old bottle of commercial kombucha. Then I folded my laundry and put it away. I tried some special tea. I cut strips of fleece from the bag of fleece that Anita gave me. The electricity went out, so I put the laptop to sleep to conserve energy. I cut more strips by the light from the window. When the electricity came on again, I took out the lettuces and made a salad. I wondered where Chris was. I ate while listening to an audio and doing some tapping. Chris came home from the chapel and said there was a fish fry afterward for the retiring priest.
When I finished my salad, I paused the video I was watching and went for a walk. It was after 7:30 and I saw lots of fireflies. I remember when I had the energy to chase after them. But that was a long time ago. I visited the flowers growing in the woods. The peonies and amaryllis were done, but the daylilies were in bloom.
When I got back, I saw that my walk was longer than half an hour. It wasn't long before Chris was ready to watch TV. We watched 4 episodes of Death in Paradise. Such lovely scenery. It makes me want to go on an island vacation. I fell asleep during the last episode. Chris pulled clean sheets from the dryer and put them on the bed. I woke up to help with the top sheet and blanket. Then I posted to my blog and went to bed.

No comments: