Friday, June 8, 2018

Only takes 8 women to do the job of 11 men

I got up around 6:30. I put up my hair and brushed my teeth with chocolate toothpaste. I swished while I put away the fabrics from yesterday. I taped paper over the long narrow window by the door to keep the sun from fading everything in sight. Then I finished the black and white charity blocks. I turned on the router and started drinking lemon water. I put argan oil on my itchy ear. It worked over the past two days but not so much today. I read e-mail and looked up reversing cavitations. What came up was xylitol and urotherapy. In fact, according to the articles I read, urotherapy can cure just about anything. There was a book about it, but on Amazon it listed for over $2000. I guess it is rare; out of print.
I cleared e-mail. I made and ate breakfast. It was about 11 when I went out the front door, but had to stop to water the plants.
I went to the guitar store. The man was very nice. He explained the difference between classical and acoustic guitars. He only charged me the price of the new strings. My guitar was completely strung and he re-tuned it, saying that the strings stretch over time. We talked for 20 minutes or so. He assured me that if I practiced an hour a day, that I would make lots of progress in 6 months. Then I paid him and put the guitar in my trunk.
Then I went to the other end of the shopping center, where the Celebration Quilters were working. I had brought my cutting tools so I could cut pieces for the blue blocks I am working on, but I forgot the instruction sheets. So all I could do was square up the sections I had already made. The rest of the time I sat and talked to the others. Rebecca was working on her giant turtle quilt. They took a break for lunch. At 12:45 my phone signaled a reminder for the movie.
I drove home so I could put the guitar and my cutting tools in the house. No need to have them sit in the sweltering heat. I also had a bite to eat and a can of coconut water, which I brought with me when I left. I met Leanne at the movie theater. She bought us tickets and we watched Ocean's 8 in the IMAX theater. The previews of coming attractions were pretty violent so I was afraid the movie would be, too, but it wasn't. The 8 women who pulled the heist were not armed and I don't think anyone got hurt. After the movie, we talked about seeing Incredibles II when it comes out. Then I drove home.
I checked the mail and handed the package to Chris. I watered the plants out back. I read e-mail and listened to audios. I made and ate a big salad. I ate one of the tomatoes from the farmer's market. I went for a walk around the neighborhood.
When I got back, we watched the last episode of Inspector Lynley. Then I soaked my sprouts and posted to my blog and drank kava tea.
* Charity blocks *

No comments: