Saturday, June 2, 2018

Leaving Annandale

We stayed in bed late, till almost 9. I got up and put up my hair. Then I got dressed and went downstairs. I asked Chris if he knew where my cable was for downloading pics from my camera and he said it was upstairs. So I limped upstairs to find it and bring it down. But then I remembered the camera was upstairs so I limped up and down again. (The limping comes from barking my thigh on the corner of a very solid bed frame yesterday). I also brought down my breakfast box. I made two breakfasts, one for today and one for tomorrow at the hotel. Then I sat in the dining room and ate with Michele.
I checked e-mail until it was time to go. Then I packed my suitcase. Chris took stuff out to the car. I found a folder that I meant to give to Kurt. Chris left it with Michele to give to Kurt next time he comes over. Then we got in the car to leave. I noticed my water bottle was empty so Chris ran in and filled it up. Then we drove away. As we left the neighborhood, I remarked on what a nice location it was - within walking distance of a grocery store and Goodwill and several restaurants.
When we got on the interstate, we re-started the book on CD. We finished that one and started another by the time we hit Johnson City, TN. We checked in to the hotel. It was not right on the interstate and was much quieter. We were given a room on the 4th floor. Then we moved our stuff up to the room. We read e-mail for a bit. I had a hot flash and took of my top. One thing led to another and …. We watched part of a movie on the Syfy channel. Then we went for a walk. I wanted to check out the indoor pool. It looked nice but I was overwhelmed with the scent of chlorine. So we just walked around the outside of the building. I felt raindrops so that was the end. It was 7pm so I asked about supper. Chris pulled a list of nearby restaurants up on his phone. We chose Beef O'Brady's. It was definitely a sports bar, with TV's in every booth and large screens on the wall – Mostly baseball and some golf. The menu reminded me of Appleby's. I had a white fish on a salad. Chris got the roast beef sandwich. Both were good.
Then we went back to the hotel. The SyFy movie was still going, but not for long. I don't know the name of it, but the little kid was from 6th Sense. I think he was a robot. Anyway, then Bladerunner 2049 came on. I read e-mail at first and listened to a meditation, but then got caught up in the movie. Having missed the first part, I had a hard time following it. I think Chris was watching a different movie on his laptop with headphones. Anyway, at the end he explained what he could. Apparently the movie leaves questions for the viewer to decide.
Then Chris went to bed. I took my evening supplements, and posted to my blog.
* This is the beginning of an 8 foot round afghan that Michele is making. *

No comments: