Thursday, June 28, 2018

My mondo bag

I woke up to go to the bathroom before 5:30. Soon after, I heard my phone alarm ring – or thought I did. Then Chris' alarm went off but he didn't get up. I went back to sleep and he went to work. I got up around 7. I drank some lemon water and swished with remineralizing toothpaste. I sewed some strips to the row 3 blocks. Then I worked on the librarian's annual report for the guild. I put in the info that I had and printed it out for Pat to review.
Then I turned on the router to read e-mail. I learned that English Ivy is the number one plant to remove the top 6 toxins from the air inside your house.
I washed up because I couldn't take a shower without getting the strips on my foot wet. I cut some squares of food fabric for the handles and pinned them on in order. I packed the project and the annual report for Pat and went to quilting.
I arrived there just before the rain hit. Pat was not there. I talked to Leanne. I got compliments on my unfinished bag as ladies headed out. I sewed the squares on to the fusible interfacing of the straps. When the next step was to cut long strips of batting and lining, I found I did not have the proper equipment. There was a lull in the rain so I packed up and went home.
I unloaded my sewing gear and took it inside. Then the big rain hit. I tried to find out if farmer's market was closed, but there was nothing online. My neighbor texted that they are not going to the market today. I listened to an EMF audio, and had some lunch. I mixed up a batch of seed crackers and put them in the oven.
I called my dentist to request my latest x-rays. The receptionist requested I send an e-mail request so they have a record of it. She also wanted to know why. So I said because we might be moving. After the call, I sent the e-mail she requested.
I was listening to a PowerNap audio when Chris came home from work. We talked. He handed me a pair of pants to repair the hem. After I sewed the hem, I also fixed his tie.
Then I worked on the bag handles. I cut batting and backing for them. I fused the batting to the backing and sewed on the handles right sides together, then turned them inside out. I pressed them and topstitched them and pinned them to the bag. That was all step 10. I was excited to finish the bag, so I pinned it to the lining and sewed all the way around. Then I turned it right sides out. I whipstitched the lining shut, and topstitched the bag. I took photos for my blog. But I discovered that in whipstitching I had caught too many layers and so it looked good on the outside but will have to be fixed on the inside.
I made a big salad and ate the first half while reading e-mail. Then I put the second half in my bowl. I ate it while Chris cued up the next episode of Death in Paradise. We watched two episodes. Then he went to bed while I stayed up to blog and put away the seed crackers.

No comments: