Sunday, June 3, 2018

Arriving in Huntsville

We slept in past the alarm. I went to the bathroom, and brushed my teeth and got dressed. Chris went downstairs for breakfast. Mine was mostly made from yesterday and I added a few last things and at it while listening to a short audio. I had asked Chris for some high-fat substance from the breakfast bar and he came back with two cream cheese pots and two boiled eggs. The cream chees had natamycin in it. So I researched that. I ate one cheese and one egg, then we packed and left.
We drove to Huntsville over the next five hours. We played the book on CD. We were on the last disc when we arrived in town. Chris drove in the back way so we would pass Publix. We shopped for groceries and a mint plant, then added the bags to what was already in the back seat and drove home.
The big tomato plants were in the dining room. They were dry and mostly dead, but had ripe tomatos on. Chris carried them outside. I picked the tomatoes and watered them. Each plant had at least one green tomato on it so I could not pull them out yet.
Chris put away the groceries, and I helped unpack the car. Then I set up my laptop. It noted that there was very little wi-fi in the air. So our neighbors must have moved already. They had four or five points of wi-fi in their house. I had wanted to catch the Renegades sewing, but it was too late.
I checked e-mail, and sent a message to Jennifer asking if I could come pick up my plants. Chris went to the post office to pick up the mail. I listened to an audio about cardiology, iridology and vitamin C. I looked up the types of vitamin C that the speaker sold on his website. Jennifer texted back. I jumped in the car and headed toward her house. Stopped at a traffic light, I realized I was right in front of an Asian store. So I ducked in and got some bitter melon and a young coconut. Then I continued my trip.
All the roads in her neighborhood are named for characters in Camelot so I sang the song until I parked by her driveway. She was outside and gave me a hug. Then she showed me my plants, which she had taken great care of. In fact she had transplanted some into larger pots. And she said she had moved them during the days to wherever they would get the most sun. She even gave me a Jade plant to add to my collection. She showed me her plants and fruit trees. I scoured her yard for some plantain to dry for poultices, but only found a few leaves.
Then she had to finish making supper and I had to get my bitter melon out of the heat. I drove directly home. I pulled the plants from the car and distributed them. I put the mint plant (from Publix) in a bigger pot and added it to the ones in the plant stand. I watered them all. I planted the things she pulled up by the roots to give me: mint and lemon balm. I repotted two of the small tomato plants.
Chris defrosted and cooked fish from the freezer. I gave him the bitter melon and asked him to stir-fry it. He checked on the web, then soaked it in salt water and fried it. It was still pretty bitter! So he added a can of tomatoes and that was much better. I read e-mail as I ate. I unpacked the food box. I started making more chia/flax mix when I realized it was after 8. So I told Chris and he stopped what he was doing. He brushed his teeth and then we sat on the couch to finish our book on CD which took about 20 minutes. Then we watched an episode of Inspector Lynley. Chris took the sheets and pillowcases from the dryer and we dressed the bed. Then I took my evening supplements and finished the mix. I wrote up my blog post for the day and listened to a meditation audio before I went to bed.
* Bitter melon: not for the faint of heart *

No comments: